PSR-100 Computer upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
I think there is only one other person posting here that owns a PSR-100 but I figure I will ask... is it possible and how do you upload to the PSR-100 from a computer? I did the clone thing with my PSR-200 when I had it but I can't figure out how to upload from a computer.

I think the PSR-100 is an upgrade to to RS Pro-82 which CAN upload from a computer so surely the PSR-100 can.....

How about any keypad "hacks"?

I have an support incident in with GRE asking about the computer upload....

fredg

Premium Subscriber
Got some info back from GRE:

After the PC clone cable is plugged in, PSR-100 is ready to accept the data. When cloned with PC, no key is needed to be pressed. The PSR-100 is different from the Pro-82 in this regard.

I'm not aware of any third party software at this time, but yes, it is possible to upload and download to a computer. I'll check on your serial data questions.

I asked about protocol info such as baud rate, stop bits etc. and a possible list of commands that can be used from a program like HyperTerminal. With this info it should not be hard to write some simple software to upload and download data.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
Final word from GRE tech support:

The PSR-100 communications at 4800, N, 8, 1.

Unfortunately I can't give you any more detail than that at this time. There is a detailed specifications document available to bona fide developers who are willing to sign an NDA. I can point you towards the person responsible for that if you'd like.

Bummer...

Status
Not open for further replies.