PSR-100 Roll Call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

PSR-100 Roll call, who's got 'em and what do you think of them?
Reasons I like mine.....
1. The radio performs great
2. Front end does not overload
3. The radio looks very nice
4. Very easy to program
5. Simple to understand and use
6. Rx is very good
7. Program on the fly (with 1 hand)
8. The price $99........!
9. Audio is loud and clear
10. It looks way more expensive

I have more expensive, trunking radios. But my psr-100 is my work horse scanner.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ive got one, i love it. i especially love its super loud audio. the only thing i really dont like about this scanner is the Scan and Manual buttons are the same button

captncarp

Psr-100

I love mine for listening to Fire & EMS, Tugs & Trains and HAMS.
It's Great for listening to what's happening in my town when it's happening. Great Audio. No Wierd Noises from other electronics. Just turn it on and enjoy after I programed in the local freq.'s. I really enjoy the 100 the most when I wake up in the middle of the nite and listen to the stuff that goes on then. I have a PSR-200 that I take with me outside and in the car. Someday I will replace my R.S. Pro-97 with a PSR-300 as it is a big improvement. With the 97 I listen to the local cops, who are in a EDACS trunked system, when the Fire or EMS tip me off to a major incident. Don't want to listen to the cop's on my PSR-100 run license plate's all day and nite. (Dull stuff and they cut out the good stuff on the river and railroads).
The PSR-100/200 are for Listeners......u know......what radio's were originally for! The 500/600 are for the GEEK Squad........a accessory to a computer.
DMC

CStarr59

Yes, the psr-100 is just a very simple but very effective scanner. It is a real good scanner and I would highly recommend it to anyone with basic scanning needs. It's the scanner I listen to the most, and the scanner I most enjoy listening to.

peterjmag

Just got one tonight for my basic scanner needs and I must say I am very impressed! GRE did a fine job on this radio. It feels like a real radio, the audio is loud, the sensitivity is awesome. This is a fantastic handheld for someone who does not need 800, trunking, digital, or text tags. It is basic but is an awesome workhorse. I am actually considering getting it's sibling the PSR-200. Way to go GRE!

austinscan1

How true

I've had a pro-82 for a few years, (psr-100's dad) What you guys said. Great basic scanner!

peterjmag

I might also another great thing from buying straight GRE hand helds is that you get the wallwart with the purchase where as at Radio Shack you have to buy them separate. Just another reason to get GRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.