PSR-295 blank display

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I finally got round to testing all my scanners that have been sitting in a cupboard for too long and found that my PSR-295 (similar to the Pro-95) powers up with a totally blank display. The scanner receives fine, buttons all work and the backlight is operational.

I had a similar problem with my Pro-96 that I was able to fix by adjusting the ribbon cable connected to the lcd. With the PSR-295 I had no such luck. I did try the contrast adjustment which did nothing and even did the usual initialization and reset of the scanner (no change).

It looks like I might have to cannibalize another PSR-295 for parts to fix this unless someone else has any other suggestions ?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
A blank is display is usually the "contrast voltage" to the LCD. You could run the contrast adjustment blindly or try a factory reset. If a factory reset doesn't work, I'd try the contrast too.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Is there a ribbon cable for that display? Some of the GRE made radios used a contact system that looks like a strip of rubber. My Pro-39 had that shift a bit, and the display went blank.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Is there a ribbon cable for that display? Some of the GRE made radios used a contact system that looks like a strip of rubber. My Pro-39 had that shift a bit, and the display went blank.

Hi, yes there is a small ribbon cable connected to the display.

Still no luck getting the display to work. A pity really as this scanner was hardly used and still in as new condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.