PSR 300 All Channels Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJMorrocco

So I attempted to re-program my scanner last night. I first downloaded the current program, and saved it. I then created a new program of the frequencies in a more manageable order. I then uploaded this. Once uploaded I went to turn off banks starting at 9 and going down. When I turned off channel 4 it stated "All Channels locked" alothoug I still have banks 1-4 on. I then turned on 5, and turned 4 off - no problem but if i try to turn 5 off now it gives me the all channels locked error. This is the same all the way to 9.

I then reloaded my old program and have the same problem.

I have also tried a factory re-initialize, and then reload my original program - no luck.

I have managed to update the firmware to 1.08, still with the same error.

PS I am a relative NB, so try and keep the solutions simple. Thanks!

Last edited:

JoeRock

Are you using Win97?

Sounds like you somehow locked out some channels.

If so, open the program... go to the Channels tab... toggle through each bank.... you are looking under the header "LOut".... if any boxes are blacked out, you must click on them to unlock them.... when you are done, re-save the program and reprogram your scanner.

This is the easiest way. You could do this with the radio alone but it will take a bit longer.

JJMorrocco

Yes I am using Win97.

I have checked all channels for Lout, none were checked. And non appear when i go through the radio manually.

The weird thing is that I downloaded my original program before making a new program. The old program goes back in with the same problem now but i never had the issue prior/

Guess I should have jsut left it alone.

JoeRock

Did you also check each individual bank (0-9)?

Next step would be to re-initialize the scanner to see if that will clear it up.

(Sorry, I just re-read your original post and saw that you tried the re-initialization.)

Last edited:

JJMorrocco

Yup checked each bank 0-9, no LO

And I have tried re-initializing a few times now. Along with the other memory erase options.

I did also load the standard test frequencies, these seemed to work ok, but of course i pick nothign up in my area.

I have a ticket into Grecom, maybe they will have a solution.

Thanks for your time in offering a solution!

Cheers,

N8IAA

Yup checked each bank 0-9, no LO And I have tried re-initializing a few times now. Along with the other memory erase options. I did also load the standard test frequencies, these seemed to work ok, but of course i pick nothign up in my area. I have a ticket into Grecom, maybe they will have a solution. Thanks for your time in offering a solution! Cheers,

When you click on the header for Scanner, are you clicking on Upload to scanner, or, Upload to 163/164, 300/400? I sometimes have done that for my 163:(
Just wondering,
Larry

JJMorrocco

I am using the Upload to 300/400, the other one give me an error on the scanner of incorrect model.

I am using the GRE blue cable.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The "all channels locked out" message is a catch-all that basically means there is nothing to scan. It sounds like you are able to scan banks 5 to 9, but get the error when turning off the lower banks.

Approach this one bank at a time to find the problem. Is bank 0 on? If so, using the MAN function, are there ANY frequencies programmed which are not locked out? Are those frequencies valid (not something like 0.00 or 25.00 MHz)? What mode are they set to (FM, AM) ?

Let's assume you meet the above requirements. So what happens when you lock out channel 000 and press SCAN with bank 0 on (reverse logic)?

JJMorrocco

So after playing around some more last night, I find that the scanner will not scan bacnks 0 to 3. As long as I have a bank in 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9, tunred on it works. If I turn on any bank form 0 to 3 the scanner ignores them. 9, 8,7,6,5,4.- I must leave one of these banks on in order not to receive the error "All Channels locked" - even with banks 0-3 on.

I will do some more configurations tonight and move whats in 0,1,2,3 to the higher banks and see what happens.

I can also just set-up my scanner on 6 banks instead of 10, and make do until my next upgrade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.