PSR 300 Newbie - Lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottier1

Hello Experts!

Temporarily, I am partially home-bound and have bought a PSR 300 scanner not only to entertain me, but also to help me know what is going on around me. I live on the upper west side of Manhattan, in NY, so there are always sirens going in the neighborhood. Makes one curious, for sure!

I have gone through many web pages and must admit, I am completely lost! I have already purchased the USB Data Manager cable and now am looking for a simple way to program my scanner. I want to hear EMS, Fire, Police, and the other services that are part of the NY Metro Area. Being able to hear air traffic would be nice, but not terribly important.

I gather I will have to buy a software package, Win97, ARC300, PSREdit, etc., and purchase a premium subscription to this website. The less expense, the better, but I will buy what I need. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do next!

Can you experts please give this novice advice on which software to buy and guide me to step-by-step instructions on how to use the software, load the frequencies I want, and then how to use it all? I will not be traveling with it so once I get the frequencies I want loaded, all I will be doing is listening while I am in bed. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

PSR Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.