PSR-310 Rebanding/Multi-site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I'm still having problems in random area's where the "T" symbol disappears and i am unable to receive transmissions. My question is i have tried setting multi-site on all three options and still have the problem from time to time. If i was to set it to "roam" do i need to change the Threshold Hi and low since its a rebanded system? Or do i need to change anything b/c its a rebanded system? And if there is nothing to change on the PSR-310 then which multi-site setting do u guys recommend?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you are loosing the T you are not receiving the control channel sounds like out of range or a antenna problem. When you are seeing the T what does the signal strength (how many bars)?

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
This is what I'm getting in a parking lot of a school. Looks the same w/ multi site off, roaming and stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325018028.333331.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325018028.333331.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,437

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Talking to GRE support they are saying my system (Washington / Clackamas County public safety) I should load custom table for rebanding. Does anyone know what I need to do to achieve this straight from the device w/ out a software?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Talking to GRE support they are saying my system (Washington / Clackamas County public safety) I should load custom table for rebanding. Does anyone know what I need to do to achieve this straight from the device w/ out a software?

I don't own that model. However, I took a look at the owner's manual (from GRE's site). The edit menu is laid out on pages 86 & 87 of the pdf file.

It appears that to make the change on the scanner, the procedure looks to be the same as that used for the PSR-500/-600 (also Pro-106/-197). The rebanding edit steps for those can be found near the bottom of this page in the Wiki.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
I'll take a look! So the numbers are the same for every trunking system? I don't need to find tables for my particular system?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'll take a look! So the numbers are the same for every trunking system? I don't need to find tables for my particular system?

The tables needed for a rebanded Motorola Type 2 800MHz system are the same for every system that fits that description. The exact same tables are used for this rebanded system in my area.

This is your system, right?
Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg Trunking System, Various, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies

The tables can be found here. (That link is also on the other page provided.) Just click on the screen shot for PSREdit500 or Win500 to make them larger, where you can see the values.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
So I went to look at my tables in comparison with the screenshots on the rr page and they r already set to what's shown. ARC310 must have done that when I initially programmed it.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
So now I'm still confused on why I'm having this problem that was mentioned in the beginning of this post!!! Grrr

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You may want to post this in the Oregon Radio Discussion to see if other have experienced this problem.

Another possibility is that something is incorrect in the imported system from ARC310. You could erase the scanner memory and re-import to be sure you have all the correct settings and eliminate the possibility of an error.

Also, the PSR series of radios are very sensitive. You could try setting the attenuation or using a different antenna. Also try to use the tune feature to see if you can hear the control channel clearly and see if there is any obvious interference or loss of signal. You could overload the 310 if you are too close to another radio tower such as a cellular system or even an FM broadcast station.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
I'm deff starting to think it I interference with my cell phone. And then also when close to cell towers tr "T" does not appear. This morning with my phone right next to device everything is fine, but as soon as I send or receive any sort of data on my phone the "T" on the scanner goes away again. Any idea how to go around that issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.