PSR-400 display question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I tried looking through the manual, but couldn't find it mentioned. In fact, the manual seems really sketchy about describing anything on the display and what it means... Since I'm quite familiar with my Pro-97, I had no problems with the PSR-400 display - except the top line, which is new.
First off, the two symbols I see light up on the top line are a T and an A. I assume the T while it's scanning indicates it's currently scanning a trunked system? I have a bank with multiple Motorola control channels, and I see the T blink off and on while on each bank, does the flashing off and on indicate each different control channel it is scanning? Assuming I am right, the T is fairly easy to figure out on ones own. But what about the A? This only comes up on one of my banks, not all, and I can't see anything unusual I may have stored in this bank from any other bank, but the A pops up along with the T on this one bank every time. So what does the A mean?
Thanks

mikey60

I tried looking through the manual, but couldn't find it mentioned. In fact, the manual seems really sketchy about describing anything on the display and what it means... Since I'm quite familiar with my Pro-97, I had no problems with the PSR-400 display - except the top line, which is new.
First off, the two symbols I see light up on the top line are a T and an A. I assume the T while it's scanning indicates it's currently scanning a trunked system? I have a bank with multiple Motorola control channels, and I see the T blink off and on while on each bank, does the flashing off and on indicate each different control channel it is scanning? Assuming I am right, the T is fairly easy to figure out on ones own. But what about the A? This only comes up on one of my banks, not all, and I can't see anything unusual I may have stored in this bank from any other bank, but the A pops up along with the T on this one bank every time. So what does the A mean?
Thanks

The T means that it's decoding trunking system data.
The A means that attenuation is turned on for the channel, or globally depending on your configuration.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.