PSR-500/600 1.3 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
What does "Analyse" the nac do for you?

I'm very happy with the 500 only had it for a week now and I see GRE is very proactive putting out a Great scanner. In 1.3 analyse the tsys nac? Why would I want to do this? I admit this is my first digital.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Changed P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display to increase readability against
publicly available system data. ("HHH" = Hex, "DDD" = Decimal):

To: "Sy:HHH RDDD SDDD"

Mine reads:
99% N180 W:BEE00
Sy:188 R001 S057

AWIN Site 157

I see that 188 is the System ID, but why is the site split between the RDDD SDDD portion?

What do the RDDD & SDDD tell me?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
RDDD is the RF subsystem (in Motorola terms, a "zone") and the SDDD is the site number. Both of these used to be two digits and hex and now they are three digits and decimal. This is is a much more understandable format, and much more widely known.

Unless you have 16 fingers ;)

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
greenthumb said:
RDDD is the RF subsystem (in Motorola terms, a "zone") and the SDDD is the site number. Both of these used to be two digits and hex and now they are three digits and decimal. This is is a much more understandable format, and much more widely known.

Unless you have 16 fingers ;)

Cool....Zone 1 Site 57

Helps me understand things better.......never knew what it represented before.

That'll make it easier for us amateurs to find & report new systems.

Now if GRE would issue a patch to show the Alpha Tag & Scan List (in place of TSYS) at the same time I'd be really happy.

Thanks!

wnjl

Is this info with regard to the P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display change regarding what is shown on the scanner when "TSYS" then "Analyz" is pressed, or is it referring to what info is produced on a computer for the system when a CC dump is done to it? When I press "TSYS" and then "Analyz" on the scanner, I only get the one line of info at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to produce the other line of info on the screen?

Last edited:

prthorsenjr

e-mail from GRE?

Hoser,

hoser147 said:
Its no April fools joke , You should have gotten a email from GRE tonite telling you it was avialible for download...........Hoser

You sure about this? I am registered on the GRE site and didn't get any e-mail regarding this update. I saw what Don S. posted here. Thanks Don!

Pete

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
wnjl said:
Is this info with regard to the P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display change regarding what is shown on the scanner when "TSYS" then "Analyz" is pressed, or is it referring to what info is produced on a computer for the system when a CC dump is done to it? When I press "TSYS" and then "Analyz" on the scanner, I only get the one line of info at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to produce the other line of info on the screen?

Yes, this is in regard to the TSYS Analyze display, although the upgrade does include some changes to what is sent during the CC dump for EDACS systems.

I still have one line at the bottom, which is normal, and is alternating between:

xx% Nxxx W:xxxxx
Sy:xxx Rxxx Sxxx

I assume do you as well, but you question is about putting the alternating information on two lines? I don't believe that is an option right now.

wnjl

greenthumb said:
Yes, this is in regard to the TSYS Analyze display, although the upgrade does include some changes to what is sent during the CC dump for EDACS systems.

I still have one line at the bottom, which is normal, and is alternating between:

xx% Nxxx W:xxxxx
Sy:xxx Rxxx Sxxx

I assume do you as well, but you question is about putting the alternating information on two lines? I don't believe that is an option right now.

Hmm...mine doesn't alternate...is there an option to get it to do that? Currently mine looks like this:

97% SID:710B S02

Last edited:

mikey60

wnjl said:
Hmm...mine doesn't alternate...is there an option to get it to do that? Currently mine looks like this:

97% SID:710B S02

The 4 digit SID would indicate that this is not a P25 control channel, and would not have the line referred to in the release notes.

Mike

hoser147

prt7u said:
Hoser,

You sure about this? I am registered on the GRE site and didn't get any e-mail regarding this update. I saw what Don S. posted here. Thanks Don!

Pete
Here is the email with out my address on it. Hoser
PSR-500/600 "CPU F1.3" Firmware has been released.
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:12:14 -0700
From: "GRE Support Team" <no-reply@greamerica.com> Add Mobile Alert
============================================================
CPU Production Firmware Version 1.3 release notes:

- This is the user loadable version of the Factory 1.3 CPU firmware.
Will display as "uP Appl Ver:U1.3" after loading and is identical to
the factory "F1.3" load.

- Please use with DSP version 1.2 or higher, otherwise some features
may not operate properly

New features:

- Added 'C' command to PC/IF protocol:
STX 'C' <bitmap> ETX <sum>
<bitmap>: bit 0 = CCDump on=1, off=0
bit 1 = DSPDump on=1, off=0
These settings are temporary. They're not written to the EEPROM
Glob area. A power cycle will revert to the EEPROM Glob settings.

Fixes / Enhancements:

- Fixed CCDump output for EDACS message pairs for 3rd party software
compatibility.

- Improved reliability of the NAC display within the TSYS Analyze mode.

- Changed P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display to increase readability against
publicly available system data. ("HHH" = Hex, "DDD" = Decimal):

To: "Sy:HHH RDDD SDDD"

hoser147

bubbaearle said:
Now if GRE would issue a patch to show the Alpha Tag & Scan List (in place of TSYS) at the same time I'd be really happy.

Thanks!

That would be great, kinda like that 4th line is a waste the way it is setup.And or the site info. Alot of user's have made that statement......................Hoser

kevins669

Database Admin
While we are talking about displays, I am sure this has been mentioned before...

How about letting US decide what to see on the screen?

All of the data is there, but some of us have different uses for it.

Talkgroup (selectable, like on the Pro-96, to text or numerical), Frequency, System, and even Radio ID should be user selectable to be displayed between the two lines.

They could even allow us to program the F1 and F3 keys to do something while scanning a TSYS (or when you are on a talkgroup), but if they did not want to do that, we could even make the F2 TSYS key understood, and have a 3rd line for displaying USEFUL information.

I don't want to hijack a firmware update thread, but for the next update :) let us customize even more.

-- Kevin

DonS

Astrogoth13 said:
I was under the impression that this update would have quite a few features added. Guess not.
What led you to believe that? As far as I know, the 1.3 update was never even hinted at before it was released.

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
Thank You GRE

I do not have the technical knowledge to fully understand all that the latest update permits(yet), But, I am glad that I do know enough to say "Thank You" GRE. Your apparent pride in the quality of your product and good customer service is greatly appreciated. So, to all involved in delivering these quality GRE products, and the follow up supports, my hat's off to you. From one satisfied cutomer. Thank you.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.