PSR-500/600 1.4 firmware released (and new DSP 1.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I updated everything and the bottom line (line 4) still says TSYS when stopped on an active object while scanning a trunk system. Did I misunderstand or am I doing something wrong?

Did you activated the feature by setting the "Show RadioID" option to "Yes"?. It's under the FUNC + GLOB near the bottom of the list. (You can press FUNC + down arrow to jump to the bottom.)

There's also a possibility that you have been catching transmissions midway through, which like the included FAQ for the update mentions, it might not work in those cases. Check out that FAQ for more detailed info.

SCPD

QRT
Two things to know..

1) You have to enable radio ID with PGM, Func-Glob, scroll down to the RadioID item and enable it. Make sure you press Save after enabling.

2) Read the update notes which outline the limitations of the new feature.

Craig

I pressed pause when it stopped on a tgid and it still says tsys on the bottom.

btritch

I pressed pause when it stopped on a tgid and it still says tsys on the bottom.

Mine is the same way...Still says TSYS and I've upgraded both the CPU and DSP...
I've tried these steps also, I have not seen one that says Radio ID though, I have These:
TGID Format
TGRP PRI INT
Search DIG AGC
TGRP IGNORE
And SHOW CC INFO

Is it one of those, That's all I have related to digital or TSYS systems..

Also, It used to say DC when stopping on a channel, Now it says VC, I suppose this was a change done?

Last edited:

Tom_G

OK, This is Cool.....

This is cool to see these radio ID's.
As someone above mentioned above, it the radio does not catch the beginning of the transmission it will not always decode it, so TSYS will be displayed.
All subsequent transmissions seem to work great.....

This is cool stuff........

JT-112

I'm getting less than 10% display rate on the RadioID. Some of this is decode issues and the scanner being a late entrant to the transmission, but I think RadioID may not always come across on multi-site systems - at least I remember seeing that behavior on Pro96.com before.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There's also a possibility that you have been catching transmissions midway through, which like the included FAQ for the update mentions, it might not work in those cases.

so in that case, does the TSYS still appear, or is it supposed to be blank? (i havent seen 1 radio id yet)

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I simply enabled Show RadioID with Func + Glob, and they just started appearing. Note that not all TGs in this trunked system show radio IDs - just some of them so far.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also, It used to say DC when stopping on a channel, Now it says VC, I suppose this was a change done?

You need to go into PGM-FUNC-GLOB and change ShowRadioID (this is new). That will allow you to see the radio IDs.

As for DC - it never said DC. It has always said VC when showing the voice channel.

mike

bacon

I'm getting less than 10% display rate on the RadioID. Some of this is decode issues and the scanner being a late entrant to the transmission, but I think RadioID may not always come across on multi-site systems - at least I remember seeing that behavior on Pro96.com before.

The release notes explain why the RadioID feature will never be 100% reliable. The notes do a very good job of explaining why there may be erratic behavior.

btritch

You need to go into PGM-FUNC-GLOB and change ShowRadioID (this is new). That will allow you to see the radio IDs.

As for DC - it never said DC. It has always said VC when showing the voice channel.

mike

Mine used to say VC on an analog Voice Channel and DC on a Digital Voice Channel, Now it says VC all the time..

See this link from a question about that previously, Hope it helps! Just curious, It doesn't matter that it says VC, It was just odd it says VC instead of the usual DC...

VC Analog Voice Channel
DC Digital Voice Channel

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106944

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
when downloading the 1.4 firmware do you have to have 1.2 DSP-APP,or 1.2 DSP-VOC

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Not understanding your question. Download both zipped files DSP500600 U13.exe & CPU500600 U14.exe. WinZip extractor will create a master file called GRECOM in your C: drive and two sub folders called DSP and CPU. Click on the respective exe files in each folder (doing the CPU update first) then follow the directions from there. Its really so simple a cave man can do it!!! If you really are a cave man, no offense intended!!!

I really like the radio identification feature. Very nice. Mike has added a box to check for the feature in PSR Edit. Also, very nice.

Mark

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
CPU production firmware version 1.4 release notes.
says please use with DSP version 1.2 or higher.
what DSP do thay meain. DSP-APP OR DSP-VOC

bacon

DC or VC: It Does Matter

Mine used to say VC on an analog Voice Channel and DC on a Digital Voice Channel, Now it says VC all the time..

See this link from a question about that previously, Hope it helps! Just curious, It doesn't matter that it says VC, It was just odd it says VC instead of the usual DC...

VC Analog Voice Channel
DC Digital Voice Channel

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106944
The DG or VC information matters if you want to have accurate information about a system and its talkgroups (e.g. for submitting to RadioReference). Indiana's SAFE-T, which I monitor, is a Motorola 36600 baud mixed mode TRS and has both digital and analog talkgroups and the PSR-500 did used to say DG or VC depending on if the active talkgroup (or private call) was digital or analog. In addition, my county's (Tippecanoe, IN) public safety TRS is also a 3600 baud mixed mode system that recently added some digital talkgroups which is all the more reason why the distinction in talkgroup type is important.

I wonder if removing the DG indication was an update oversight by GRE. I think this is something that needs to be addressed by GRE because the digital or analog information can be important to a bunch of us. Anybody agree? :)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
need help Show RadioID" option in SE-GLOB. If enabled it shows id but dont no how to turn it on

troymail

Silent Key
need help Show RadioID" option in SE-GLOB. If enabled it shows id but dont no how to turn it on

PGM - FUNC - GLOB - FUNC - DOWN ARROW - UP ARROW - UP ARROW - RIGHT ARROW

Display should now say:
Show RadioID:Yes

See the limitations description - it may not work on all systems and it works better on some than others -

best bet is to find a busy talkgroup and hold there

D

DaveNF2G

I don't know whether this is mentioned in the docs or not (haven't downloaded this update yet), but remember that LTR trunked system do not have individual radio IDs, so you should not see any IDs when watching an LTR channel except talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.