PSR-500/600 1.4 firmware released (and new DSP 1.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I am loving the fact that the Radio ID's appear now, that is awesome......only thing I would ask for at this point is more room in the radio.

Lakotawolf

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I would love to beable to alpha tag my id`s now. that would be great.

pliquett

I downloaded the updates from the gre site saved them unzipped them and when I try to run them it says can't run because they are corrupt. What am I doing wrong? I've downloaded updates in the past with no problems. I'm stumped. I've tried three times and get the same response.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
From pdf in DSP U1.3.
2) When upgrading both the CPU and the DSP code, we recommend upgrading the CPU code first.

SCPD

QRT
The instructions say if you are upgrading both to do the CPU first. However, you will not break anything if you do it in the opposite order though :) It is about impossible to "brick" your radio with the way the GRE updates work (even if the batteries fail or PC/IF connection is pulled out)!

The DSP is supposed to be uploaded first before the firmware? Correct?

pliquett

I was able to upgrade. All I needed was to remove my head from my rear and get the big picture. Thanks for your help.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's awesome - I LOVE the radio ID display in trunking!!!!! It works on P25, Motorola 3600 bps and EDACS systems.

The best scanner ever just gets better ;)

mikey60

The instructions say if you are upgrading both to do the CPU first. However, you will not break anything if you do it in the opposite order though :) It is about impossible to "brick" your radio with the way the GRE updates work (even if the batteries fail or PC/IF connection is pulled out)!

I can confirm this. I had my computer lock up once during an upgrade. When I reset the scanner, it just said that there wasn't any CPU software on the radio. Pressing the PGM button and starting the update again resolved it.

Mike

mlevin312

Premium Subscriber
Am I doing something wrong?

I updated everything and the bottom line (line 4) still says TSYS when stopped on an active object while scanning a trunk system. Did I misunderstand or am I doing something wrong?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I updated everything and the bottom line (line 4) still says TSYS when stopped on an active object while scanning a trunk system. Did I misunderstand or am I doing something wrong?

Use PAUSE, not MANUAL

mlevin312

Premium Subscriber
still didn't work

I pressed pause when it stopped on a tgid and it still says tsys on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.