PSR-500/600 Firmware 1.6 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

I see that 797-806 MHz has been disabled. Are they planning on bringing it back? (Although it didn't work right on mine, anyways.)

JASII

Memory Capacity
i have been trying to upgrade but i can't seem to get it to work right...do i need winzip in order for it to work...

It is not working for me either. I was able to do the other updates in the past, but no go with this on.

Cliff, were you able to get yours working?

When I save mine it shows "CPU500600_U16.1.2DOD17
EFW File
358 KB"

The previous updates actually say: "CPU500600_U15
CPU Update Utility
GRE"

Last edited:

Highpockets

It is not working for me either. I was able to do the other updates in the past, but no go with this on.

EFW File
358 KB"

CPU Update Utility
GRE"

Try downloading the file again, and see what you get!

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
Try This...

EFW File
358 KB"

CPU Update Utility
GRE"

Your firewall is blocking the exe. file from downloading. I had this happen to me a couple of updates ago. To download the file, I momentarily disabled my firewall, downloaded the file to my desktop, then enabled my firewall again. Once the file is downloaded, it'll work. I'm sure there's a way to download the file a safer way, by, like, changing a setting, but with so many different security programs is use, you'd need to set up a whole new forum just to cover them. BTW I am using CA Security Center. It was free, so I got what I paid for.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you very much! We just switched this weekend from McAfee to CA Security Center this weekend. I momentarily disabled, downloaded, and loaded it on the GRE PSR500 and I am checking it out now.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If anyone needs the exe for cpu1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 I have them downloaded I keep them for backup case something happens. It is weird about the other is missing from that site. As anyone get the RadioID on any trunk system on this new CPU? I listen to Lakeland p25 vhf sounds clear and I hear jacksonville 800 digital clear too..

Last edited:

HowD

bravo14:

I've had radio IDs show up since that was added to a previous update. Make sure you turn on the option to show radio IDs. I believe it also depends on the type of trunking system in use as well as the way the trunking system is set up (on the transmitter end, not the scanner per se).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I looked in the scanner and the software I had the radioid show up on the 1.5 when I went to the 1.6 I do not see the show radioid for some reason I have to look again. The FPL some radioID showed up and the Jacksonville F/R radioID numbers showed up on the 1.5. Now they don't show.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Update

I downloaded the new version of win500 and got the radioID #'s to show. I see more stuff has been added to the software. I have noticed on where TYS is a 5 digit number comes up like 00358 it is not the radioID number not sure what that is. I did enable trunking ch#on.

Last edited:

bwinking

gone missing

Also from 781.996875 to 791. is missing . The 797-806 range had some repeater inputs, guess I'll go back to the 1.5 firmware for now.

hoser147

Decode seems to work on the MARCs system better, but it seems to have lost some of the sensitivity. Overall Im pretty pleased with the work the folks at GRE are preforming. Oh GRE Jack needs a raise.lol.................Hoser

kd8x

i have been trying to upgrade but i can't seem to get it to work right...do i need winzip in order for it to work...

If you have a computer with XP then it should be able to unzip the files okay...You do have to unzip the files tho.....

BVince

Ref ver CPU 1.6

Thank you, GRE!

Your company is truly showing a strong commitment to customer needs and customer satisfaction. The world would be a far better place if all companies took this approach.

Keep up the great work!!!!
Vince

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had trouble upgrading the DSP for the PSR-500,I updated the CPU with no trouble but cant get the dsp to update any suggestions.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Nowhere near enough info... Spell out exactly what you did and where the problem came up.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
First i cloned the psr-500 from my 600 radio,i was hoping the cloning would include the updates from my 600 radio,it didnt,so i updated the cpu from factory to F1.6 It was sucessful,then i went to update the dsp F1.0 to F1.3 the utility doesnt see the scanner,i'm using the correct port ,i'm also following the instructions on the utility.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What buttons are you pressing on the scanner? Do they exactly match what the utility says?

Status
Not open for further replies.