PSR-500/600 for Bell Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

For those that have one, could you offer some comments on how this radio works for this P25 system. Any tips and hints on programming it and even likes and dislikes that could help others consider this radio for purchase.

S-man

Most excellent!! The only issue is the 12.5Khz stepping issue which I addressed in your other post but its not a big deal. The frequency reading different then you would expect to is the only quirk. It decodes the Bell Fleetnet system very well and the ROAM - STAT feature makes listening even better. Just make sure you turn ON the Flex-step option and you will be fine. I love mine and GRE has EXCELLENT tech support.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
before i sold my 600 i found it was pretty good. NAC is a nice feature. However at times my 996 with factory antenna got the transmission first
also i mayne wrong but i found the 600 didnt skip past encrypted talkgroups I had to lock them out manually. Not a huge issue with OPP though most is in the clear or even analog. (ministry of health)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I would be nice if GRE could just program in the different band plans/step sizes as a menu option.

1 - US Plan
2 - Canada Plan

etc etc. Sure seems simple to me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.