PSR 500 all but deaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

My radio isn't working correctly,of that I am certain. I am sitting here with my Pro97 and PSR 500 now. The PSR 500 is all but completely silent compared to my Pro97.. I've paused the PSR 500 on the Seattle/King county TRS and it's working fine at the moment. I've also put it on Boeings TRS and it works fine. The second I put it into scan,it will randomly "hear" again.

The conventional frequencies are working fine.However , I am not hearing any aviation, no coast guard. I am hearing conventional traffic .. WSP .. I am currently "parked" on the Boeing TRS .. Some talkgroups are coming in just fine. Others are coming in so weak I have to put my ear up to the scanner to make out what they're saying.

Would it be just a matter of reloading my current data file?

HELP!

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
This same type of issue has been mentioned before and usually traces back to the Multi-Site function. Check to see if you are maybe set to ROAM or STAT as they could impact your ability to receive. Assuming this is a multi-site system you are listening to.

64larry

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem with my PSR-500. Check and see if your squelch settings (located in the expert settings menu) has been changed. If so you may need to reset them back to default. But with the same problem happening with my scanner and the LA police Dept. vs the Pro-96. My Pro-96 picks up and is more sensative on trunking than the PSR-500. You probably need to check the GRE site to see if their are firmware upgrades.
-- Larry N7LWB

CBFD

my pro-97 is/was a way better radio than my psr-300 that's for sure... my pro-97 would pick up th HRM Fire Repeaters in Halifax... and this thing... well I might as well not have it at all... very disapointed in this gre scanner. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.