PSR-500 Alpha tag for system vs. talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I use PSREdit to program my PSR-500. What setting did I inadvertently change?

On trunking systems, the PSR-500 third line of the display normally alternates between the alpha tag for the trunked system and the alpha tag for the current talkgroup. Now, it just shows the name of the trunked system (flickering), and not the name of the talkgroup at all. So I can't tell what talkgroup it's currently monitoring.

What happened here? I'm pretty sure it's some setting that accidentally got changed, but which one?

Deeke

Try loading the file and then goto Advanced settings and reset all global settings.
Then re-upload to scanner and see if that corrects it.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Deeke said:
Try loading the file and then goto Advanced settings and reset all global settings.
Then re-upload to scanner and see if that corrects it.

Tried that; it didn't fix this issue.

mikey60

W4KRR said:
I use PSREdit to program my PSR-500. What setting did I inadvertently change?

On trunking systems, the PSR-500 third line of the display normally alternates between the alpha tag for the trunked system and the alpha tag for the current talkgroup. Now, it just shows the name of the trunked system (flickering), and not the name of the talkgroup at all. So I can't tell what talkgroup it's currently monitoring.

What happened here? I'm pretty sure it's some setting that accidentally got changed, but which one?

Check the LCD Blink on and LCD Blink off settings...

Mike

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
mikey60 said:
Check the LCD Blink on and LCD Blink off settings...

Mike

Okay, I checked them, but what should the defaults be? That is, in order to prevent this issue I'm having.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
spooney said:
Press the F3 key on the scanner to change any setting back to the default setting,

More information? There's a whole host of menu options to select from. Which one am I looking for?

marauder6

PSRedit general configuration tab. Just above the battery settings in the lower right. LCD on is the time in ms to show the talksys, LCD off is the time in ms to show the talkgroup.

SMG

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
marauder6 said:
PSRedit general configuration tab. Just above the battery settings in the lower right. LCD on is the time in ms to show the talksys, LCD off is the time in ms to show the talkgroup.

SMG

I found it, but no matter what I changed the settings to, it made no difference at all.

UPDATE: Never mind; I got it now (I had first changed the one marked "LED"; darn glasses)

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.