PSR-500 Backlight Squelch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrr2145

Hi, tried to search this question with no results, but is it possible to set the PSR-500 backlight to turn on when squelch is broken? I could only find global backlight settings for "On", "Ignore", "Key", "Normal" but I don;t think any of those will activate the backlight when squelch is broken.

Thanks!

JoeyC

I have my light mode set to NORMAL and light areas set to BOTH. This illuminates both keypad and LCD screen when a talkgroup is active or conventional freq breaks squelch and darkens them when the squelch closes or talkgroup goes silent.

rfrr2145

Hi JoeyC Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I have it set just like you ("normal" and "both"), but the backlights do not come on when squelch is broken. I just can't figure it out.

JoeyC

I use Win500 to program. In addition to the Light Mode and Light Area settings on the General Settings page, you have to have the individual objects BACKLIGHT setting set to ON. So there are 3 places you have to check. You can set each objects Backlight setting by editing the object and changing the setting for each one you want it to work with. For some reason, the default setting in Win500 is OFF, and there doesn't seem to be a place to change your defaults, so I have to manually change each object I add to Backlight ON for every new entry.

Last edited:

RKG

If you "Select All", for all CONV or for all of any TGID, then change the backlight (or any other right hand setting), it will change that setting for all of the highlighted items.

JoeyC

If you "Select All", for all CONV or for all of any TGID, then change the backlight (or any other right hand setting), it will change that setting for all of the highlighted items.

Correct, I was just saying that I wish there was a setting somewhere that changes the default to user preference so that doesn't have to be done each time an object is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.