PSR-500 belt clip mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am wanting to see what others have done for a stronger belt clip attachment, or replacement, for the PSR-500. (Or any other model that uses the same belt clip.)

I have my fourth back-half case on order right now, as I have broken out the belt clip mounts, again. (I am on my fifth or sixth actual belt clip.)

I could understand one of the breakages, as I was trying something out of the ordinary, but there must be a better way.

Thanks for the inputs!

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I tried modding a Motorola belt clip for my PSR-500, but it didn't work, and I ended up messing up the case back I bought as the "guinea pig" for this experiment. On the older scanners, that used screws, I would buy an Icom belt clip and use a dremel to enlarge the screw holes so it would fit, and it worked great. Why they insist on "fixing" something that wasn't broken, I don't know, but they keep on doing it. I think expoxying a clip to the back is what I will end p doing eventually. Not the best way to attach a decent clip, but GRE hasn't left too many options.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
I use the hard leather carrying case for mine. It resolves the issue of broken belt clips, and also protects the scanner.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
The problem with the hard leather case, which I have, is that the bottom isn't flat enough to keep the scanner from tipping over. This is such a no brainer it amazes me that they didn't think of it when they designed it. It's a good case, with a huge flaw.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would have to take the scanner in and out of the case an excessive number of times. The extra bulk of the case would be too much, at times.

I guess I could fabricate a metal back case, incorporating a better belt clip, but that is a lot of work and expense.

safetyobc

Have you tried the other belt clip? It may help since it swivels.

You can get it on GRE website Scroll down to the 5th row, right side part # P/N: 100-020

States that it fits the following: PSR-100/300/310/500/800 - Also for PRO-106/164/97/18

Cost: $8.99

Status
Not open for further replies.