psr 500 cc question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey60

I have a psr500 but have a question on how do you know if the CC will show C=Control Channel or A=Alternate. I see the FL Power Light trunk shows CC01, CC02 etc. but every 24 hours it changes. I looked on the FPL Florida Power & Light Trunking System, Various, Florida - Scanner Frequencies some sites have C/A.

That system is an EDACS system , so you need all frequencies for each site you want to monitor, and they need to be entered in the correct order. Since many of those don't list a CC, the LCNs may not be correct either...

Mike

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the LCN correct in order just find out what is the difference from C=Control Channel or A=Alternate. If I didn't have LCN in order it would lock up on the Control Channel and I had to keep hitting scan 20 times to scan again.

Last edited:

DonS

I have the LCN correct in order just find out what is the difference from C=Control Channel or A=Alternate. If I didn't have LCN in order it would lock up on the Control Channel and I had to keep hitting scan 20 times to scan again.

If it's an EDACS system as mentioned above, the control channel designation (C or A) is irrelevant: you need all of the frequencies.

For other (MOT and P25) systems, though, you should program anything that's listed as either "C" (primary control channel) or "A" (alternate control channel). This is so the scanner will continue to monitor the system in case the control channel rotates / changes to something other than the "primary". For example, my local system changes the control channel daily, cycling through all 4 listed C and A frequencies. If I didn't program them all, I'd only hear traffic every 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.