PSR-500 Control Channel analyze "MODE" Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

I'm monitoring a P25 control channel. I notice there appears to be 3 modes ...

The first two modes, I have no signal and the radio is quiet. The third mode, which appears to be "AM", I have a great signal and can monitor the control channel perfectly and can hear the control channel with squelch turned up. Although the display briefly says AM, it changes to P25 within a couple seconds.

Pro96Com displays the associating radios when in this mode ... but doesn't in the other two modes.

My concern is that I don't have the correct mode selected for the Scanlist that I've setup for this system, and the radio is not getting a signal in this mode.

I know this is confusing ... but any help would be appreciated. I'm still getting used to this radio.

Thanks!
Paul

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Start your question over... Why do you want to hear the control channel? When scanning a system, you should never have that audio coming over. If it's a P25 trunked system, there's only one "mode" you should have selected for that system.

ch40n1k

rdale said:
Start your question over... Why do you want to hear the control channel? When scanning a system, you should never have that audio coming over. If it's a P25 trunked system, there's only one "mode" you should have selected for that system.

I'm trying to log the site with Pro96Com ... that is why I want to "hear" the control channel. If I can't "hear" the control channel, I can't log it, and therefore can't listen to the system.

mikey60

ch40n1k said:
I'm trying to log the site with Pro96Com ... that is why I want to "hear" the control channel. If I can't "hear" the control channel, I can't log it, and therefore can't listen to the system.

The receive mode would be FM mode.

Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
ch40n1k said:

That's not correct... Pro96com will analyze the control channel while in scan mode, so you can still hear the voice transmissions and it will give you CC output when there's no audio.

ch40n1k

rdale said:
That's not correct... Pro96com will analyze the control channel while in scan mode, so you can still hear the voice transmissions and it will give you CC output when there's no audio.
Sorry, I wasn't stating it as fact. I like to hear the control channel before I start to try logging. If I can't hear it, there's really not much point in trying to log it.

You know, they have that digital sound to them. Sites that I can hear the CC, I can log well and listen well ... sites that I hear nothing but static on, I know I'm not going to be able to hear or log.

Is that better?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ch40n1k said:
Sorry, I wasn't stating it as fact. I like to hear the control channel before I start to try logging. If I can't hear it, there's really not much point in trying to log it.

You know, they have that digital sound to them. Sites that I can hear the CC, I can log well and listen well ... sites that I hear nothing but static on, I know I'm not going to be able to hear or log.

Is that better?

Makes perfect sense to me :) I do the same thing. No reason screwing around with CCs that you can't decode. My ear can tell if it is of significant strength to be decoded.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.