PSR-500: Expert setting for conventional frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Back when the PSR-500 came out, there was a discussion about a setting in the Func + Global menu to change how conventional frequencies are received. IIRC, it was something that would cause the radio to unmute quicker, or something like that.

I've searched rr.com, but can't find that thread. Does anyone remember what setting that was?

Thanks,

Warren

JoeyC

Its the DG Int Prime setting. Lower it for a quicker unmute. I have mine at 20. Lowering this will create more opportunity for machine gunning at the beginning of digital transmissions, but I haven't found it an issue 99% of the time.

If you search for "unmute quicker" in the Search function, you'll find the thread its in.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Just set it so search for a tone - it wil default to nondigital and unmute immediately.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
It was a setting for analog, conventional frequencies, but I can't remember what it was.

On some of the frequencies that I listen to (i've noticed it more with the railroad band), it seems like the PSR is clipping the first second of a transmission. I've got each frequency programmed to search for a PL tone in order to try to speed it up, but I was wondering if there was another setting I could play with.

Thanks,

Warren

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
PL tone slows it down a smidge since it has to check for tone before opening squelch - my earlier fix is still your best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.