PSR-500 F1.0 doesn't stay on ProVoice TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

I have a PSR-500 with CPU F1.0, it stop briefly on ProVoice talkgroups but doesn't stay on it more than 2 seconds, so it's impossible for me to decode using DSD. If I try with analog TG all goes very well.

Any help would be very appreciated.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd say manual only, as in parked, or scanning conventionally. The EDACS mode won't be much help for your DSD setup.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

I have a PSR-500 with CPU F1.0, it stop briefly on ProVoice talkgroups but doesn't stay on it more than 2 seconds, so it's impossible for me to decode using DSD. If I try with analog TG all goes very well.

Check some of the other posts on here on this topic - in addition to the 1.0 firmware you will need to have an early version of the PSR-500 (I don't remember if there is a serial number range or some other identifier.)

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking the models with bootloader 1.0 & 1.1 can monitor Provoice, since the one I own have the 1.1 bootloader I will stop trying to make it work. Thanks for your help.

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

There is no Scanner that will decode ProVoice and MotoTrbo either.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There is no Scanner that will decode ProVoice and MotoTrbo either.

Right, no decode. The OP is asking if the PSR-500 Firmware version 1.0 will "track" the ProVoice TGID for use with the DSD decoder program. Unfortunately, it does not stay on the TGID long enough.

Maybe used as a voice radio from UniTrunker with the baseband audio fed to DSD? Then you could hold on a TGID and still follow the comm.

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
My goal is to follow ProVoice with only one scanner and DSD. I noticed the scanner stay on the talkgroup but the feed is choppy maybe my tap ground isn't good I'll try more things this week-end and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

jgervais83

Premium Subscriber
First of all, my bootloader is 1.0 not 1.1 sorry.

The good news is that I found why it was always skipping over the talkgroup. I modified the EndTone Edacs value to 30 and the Edacs Unmute to 5 and I can decode with DSD and one scanner, it's not perfect but I can follow conversation for now. If I found the perfect settings I'll post here :)

Thanks for your replies

Michael-SATX

Any luck with 1 scanner and DSD following Pro-Voice ?

[QUOTE=
The good news is that I found why it was always skipping over the talkgroup. I modified the EndTone Edacs value to 30 and the Edacs Unmute to 5 and I can decode with DSD and one scanner, it's not perfect but I can follow conversation for now. If I found the perfect settings I'll post here :)
End-Quote...

Has anybody had any luck with a 1 Pro-106 Scanner and 1 computer running Windows-DSD for a viable Pro-Voice solution ?

I briefly got excited about maybe tweaking the deeper global menu settings of EDACS EndTone & Unmute values ...
But since I have a Pro-106 w BootVer:RF1.2 and App Ver:RU2.0 and not a PSR-500 v:1.0 ...
I take it there is no way to do the 1 scanner and 1 pc solution ? I wish our engineer pals over at GRE
would just release a menu option to toggle ON or OFF whether you want to mute Pro-Voice TG's
and then presto ... a 1 Scanner / 1 PC solution ... now this would be GREat ... get it ;)

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I don't remember the Pro-106 having that low of a firmware when it was released, so you may as well find the golden Endtone and Unmute settings. I wouldn't hold my breath for a firmware change for the ProVoice toggle. It's not a supported mode.

mmisk

Scanners hat will track and display provoice talk groups.

I was wondering if we could compile a list of scanners and their firmware versions that will track and display provoice talk groups on the display.

This would require the help of members who have a scanner that will do this. It would be a great help to those of us who are looking for a scanner that still has this feature.
Thanks!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.