PSR 500 Global Settings Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I've been making some adjustments to my PSR 500. These adjustments were found in the Easier to Read Guide. I can find some of these in Win500, but I cannot find TGRP Pri Int. Am I missing something?

ScannerSK

I cannot find TGRP Pri Int. Am I missing something?

In the PSR-500 owner's manual (p. 102 in my edition) it states, "Toggles priority interrupt scanning during trunked calls". In other words you can set the scanner to interrupt trunked conversations in order to check priorities or leave it off to only check priorities when no trunked conversation is in progress.

Personally, I leave this set to off to prevent trunked conversations from being interrupted.

Shawn

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
In Win500 Ver 2.07 it is on the first page on the right side in the Priority Settings menu. It says TBRP's interrupted. I have mine checked since it is for WX Priority and I live in a tornado area.

ScannerSK

In Win500 Ver 2.07 it is on the first page on the right side in the Priority Settings menu. It says TGRP's interrupted. I have mine checked since it is for WX Priority and I live in a tornado area.

Just a heads up, this setting has no effect on WX-Priority. Whether TGRP Priority Interrupt is turned off or on WX-Priority functions the same.

Shawn

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
New Discovery Win500 2014

In Win500 Ver 2.07 it is on the first page on the right side in the Priority Settings menu. It says TBRP's interrupted. I have mine checked since it is for WX Priority and I live in a tornado area.

First of all, I was unaware that there was a newer version of Win500. I downloaded it today.

I looked at this setting on the first page; however, I thought it was related to WX and being interrupted for sampling of NOAA. I did not know this applied to other conventional frequencies.

Thanks for the help.

savage308

updated winn 500 to version 2.07, downloaded my file from scanner to win 500, but its saved as note pad it wont let me select winn 500 to open it with , if i left click on the note pad file then choose program to open it with win500 scanner utility pops up i click on the win utility and ok the file seems to open but in the winn 500 folder the file is still note pad not a winn 500 file, ??

Last edited:

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
savage, I don't know why it would save the file from scanner as notepad file. I would download from the scanner again and click file then click save as and make sure it is saved as .p500 file.

N1BHH

You must download the Win500 file and unzip it to the same directory you created for Win500. If not, create a new one. I use Big Speed Zipper to unzip files, because you can see better where to unzip the program, you can choose where you want it.

baayers

It sounds like you have associated the .P500 extension with notepad. Here is how to fix this. With different windows versions the terms may change but the general idea is the same.

Make sure that your files has the extension of .p500

Right click the file your trying to open and select the open with menu and select choose program

Win500 will not be listed so click the browse button and navigate to the win500 application

Make sure the the always open with this application check box is check and say OK.

You should now have the .p500 extension linked to Win500

TES

Win500 has a built-in method of associating .p500 files with Win500:

Configuration > Misc...

Press the P500 File Associate button and then click OK.

baayers

Win500 has a built-in method of associating .p500 files with Win500:

Configuration > Misc...

Press the P500 File Associate button and then click OK.

You're 100% correct. I don't know why I always forget about that. I guess now that I've gone the long way I should just consider myself at least happy that it's associated correctly. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.