PSR-500....HELP!!!!..Boise

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Anybody out there live inBoise????

I'm pretty sure there is, but if I were you, I would scroll down on the main Forums page and post your cry for help in the Idaho Discussion Forum. That is unless someone else could lend a hand, but in order to do that we would need to know what the problem is. Your post is not too helpful in this regard.

EDIT TO ADD: I see from your other two posts that you are having problems setting up your PSR-500. There is an illustrated help file at WIN500 - Utah Radio and you will find Easy to follow shortcuts by member fmon here.

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Anybody out there live inBoise????
Although I don't live in Boise, here is what I understand about Boise PD/Ada SO.

All local law enforcement agencies in Ada County are now exclusively on the 700 MHz P-25 digital system.

The fire departments are still operating on the VHF channels.

The only Ada County Paramedic traffic on VHF is on 155.055, which is now called "Fire 6" and used for responses involving both fire and medics. Otherwise, AC Paramedics are only on the P-25 system. Fire 6 is cross-patched to the P-25 system talk group 1405.

There are currently only three talk groups for PD/SO that are not encrypted-BPD 16 and 15 (formerly A and C) and SO channel 1. UHF Valley All Call i on TG 1907.

Everything else is encrypted, so there isn't a lot to hear beyond those and a TG at the airport and courthouse security. (The airport may now be encrypted too)

If your PSR 500 is programmed correctly, you should still be able to hear the "noise" when encrypted transmissions are made since the PSR 500 does not mute these transmissions like the Uniden scanners do. This may be why you are not hearing much, if that is what your problem is.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.