PSR-500 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryands1

Hello
I got a PSR-500 yesterday and am trying to get it to work with the colorado trunked system.
I am using win500 to interface with the radio. I imported the state system with the web import function in the software and selected only the metro area frequencies and talkgroups. When I tried to download the data into the radio it gets to about 85% complete and then freezes on the radio display. If I hit cancel it resets everything. In the software it appears it downloaded correctly.
Does anyone know what could be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Bryan

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It's been a few months since I got my PSR-500. I dont remember if there was some default system data in there to begin with. If there was, you probably should totally wipe the contents of the scanner memory and start from scratch, which would make sure you have removed all of the data that came stored on the scanner to begin with.

Or you could create another VScanner folder and upload your content into it.

It sounds as if its crapping out because the memory is full. Oftentimes these scanners come with a bunch fo systems programmed in them already.

If you just open up Win500 and download what is in the scanner into Win500, does it show systems other than the ones you programmed in? If so, then remove teh systems you don't need.

Otherwise, I do know that from time to time my uploads and downloads to/from the scanner get corrupt and it causes the scanner to reboot in the middle of the upload or download. I suspect it's interference along the USB cable that causes that to happen. But when it does happen I just turn off/on the scanner, log back into Win500 again and upload my data to the scanner.

You can press FUNC, GLOB, scroll down to the "Memory Info" section and press SEL and you'll see how much memory is in use at the moment.

Mike

bryands1 said:
Hello
I got a PSR-500 yesterday and am trying to get it to work with the colorado trunked system.
I am using win500 to interface with the radio. I imported the state system with the web import function in the software and selected only the metro area frequencies and talkgroups. When I tried to download the data into the radio it gets to about 85% complete and then freezes on the radio display. If I hit cancel it resets everything. In the software it appears it downloaded correctly.
Does anyone know what could be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Bryan

bryands1

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, i thought about the memory issue so I delete all that was in there. And still had an issue.
I am trying again with much less data.

thanks again

ch40n1k

I'm having some n00b issues with my PSR-500 too, if it makes you feel better. I've spent the better part of two days playing around with the settings.

bryands1

Hello All,
Thanks for the reply and the link to the file to download. I think I have the issue solved for now. It was a memory issue.

thanks
again
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.