PSR 500: L/O's Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a PSR 500.

Have just started playing around a bit with L/O's more seriously, and it is likely I don't have a clear understanding yet on how to best utilize them, but I do have a few questions now re L/O's, please.

1. L/O's For A Conv. System:

Am I correct that there is no overall L/O List in GLOB, or anywhere, showing the
Permanent L/O's done for Conv. Systems
(similar to the list for the permanent SRVC L/O's) ?

2. L/O's For SRVC:

a. I understand that there is no way presently to apply a Temporary L/O for a freq. that come in under a SRVC search. Now that everyone has had a while to play with their 500, I was wondering if anyone has found any way of doing it ?

If so, not having a Temp. L/O capability for SRVC is a real bummer, IMHO.

Just in the vein of trying to learn more, why didn't they put one in ?
If they have it for Conv systems, it seems reasonable that they have it for SRVC
(and LMIT also) I would think. Any technical reasons that prohibit it ?

b. It's really a bit of a pain to scroll way down the GLOB list to be able to remove a SRVC Permanent L/O that was locked out via the FrL/O key.

Any one-step method available to clear the entire list without having to scroll thru all the items in GLOB ?

I guess one way is to just re-load the V Folder ?

Any chance you guys that converse with the powers-to-be at GRE might suggest they consider adding a Temporary L/O function for SRVC in their next update. ?

And perhaps also a List for the Conv System Permanent L/O's ?

Thanks,
Bob

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
BOBRR said:
I guess one way is to just re-load the V Folder ?

We'll it's a pretty easy way to get a clean slate...

Seriously, they've done some pretty good mods, even to the search mode. A lot of the question is probably going to be whether they could make that mod without causing a problem elsewhere.

They're definitely listening (witness the 1.2 updates) so make your wishes known.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

mikey60

There's not really a listing, but you could use the find option to find locked out objects.

Press PGM
Press F2 (EDIT)
Press F3 (FIND)
Press F1 (L/Out)

From that point, you can press F1 to exit, F2 to edit an object, or F3 to find the next locked out object.

To unlock an object, just press the L/OUT button. (The L character in the upper right corner of the display should change from upper case to Lower Case)

Mike

djbrane

Am I correct that to Temp L/O a freq or TG you just press L/O? And to permanently L/O the object, press Func, L/O? It was a little cloudy to me, but maybe just being dense on my part!

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
ScanNEIN said:
Am I correct that to Temp L/O a freq or TG you just press L/O? And to permanently L/O the object, press Func, L/O? It was a little cloudy to me, but maybe just being dense on my part!

If the scanner is factory yes. You can reverse that in the global settings.

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
mikey60 said:
There's not really a listing, but you could use the find option to find locked out objects.

Press PGM
Press F2 (EDIT)
Press F3 (FIND)
Press F1 (L/Out)

From that point, you can press F1 to exit, F2 to edit an object, or F3 to find the next locked out object.

To unlock an object, just press the L/OUT button. (The L character in the upper right corner of the display should change from upper case to Lower Case)

Mike

Geez...

All of a sudden I realize my ability to learn new tricks is in question.

I'll hold off until Uniden's 396T firmware updates prove themselves, after so long or NOT.

I'd rather not jump into a two ring circus until I can make a fair comparison.

I'm currently experiencing human technical difficulties. Please stand by. :)

Best,

Andy
Scannist
Old Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.