PSR-500 LCD Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

Are LEDs used to light the LCD display screen? I have it running on the power supply and the middle of the radio gets warm. Is the heat from the power supply/charging circuitry or is it from old fashioned light bulbs that light the display?

raisindot

beischel said:
Are LEDs used to light the LCD display screen? I have it running on the power supply and the middle of the radio gets warm. Is the heat from the power supply/charging circuitry or is it from old fashioned light bulbs that light the display?

Not being an electronics guy, but I'd have to say it's the power supply/recharger. The way you might want to test is to run it the same way on batteries alone and see if gets as warm. I can't imagine the backlights being THAT hot--can't be more than a couple watts at best...

Suzie

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
beischel said:

The 500 uses LEDs to light the display.

Probably heat being dissipated by the internal regulators. if you're charging the batteries at the same time, they're heating up, too.

beischel

wa8pyr said:
The 500 uses LEDs to light the display.

Probably heat being dissipated by the internal regulators. if you're charging the batteries at the same time, they're heating up, too.

That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. I knew someone out there opened it and noticed what lit up the LCD display. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.