PSR 500 Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman22360

Has anyone had any luck logging with the PSR 500? I see Win 500 has the feature but I haven't had any luck getting it to work?? Thanks for any input!!!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
NOTE: I installed Win500 in F:\Win500

Look at my screenshot of how I have it set up in the Monitor/Control tab

All I need to do is click Start and then it starts logging - It makes a new log in f:\win500 every day. For instance, today's log is in F:\Win500\03-05-2008 . The actual path to the actual log ends up being F:\Win500ActivityLog 2008-03-05.txt

Obviously you'll want to choose the directory you want the logs in, and you may or may not want it to generate a new logfile every day.

But you have to Start the monitor/control in order for it to log.

Also - If you are going to do this, you should have the same exact information in your scanner as you have loaded up in Win500 at the time. For instance, if you carried your scanner around all day and found 20 new talkgroups and stored them while you were out, and then you came back home and hooked it up to the computer and just fired up Win500 and started monitoring, Win500 wouldn't know the specific new talkgroups that you had added in the scanner unless you remember to sync up your scanner with your latest Win500 file.

Mike

Attachments

• win500logging.JPG
    win500logging.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 472

Chevyman22360

mtindor said:
NOTE: I installed Win500 in F:\Win500

Look at my screenshot of how I have it set up in the Monitor/Control tab

All I need to do is click Start and then it starts logging - It makes a new log in f:\win500 every day. For instance, today's log is in F:\Win500\03-05-2008 . The actual path to the actual log ends up being F:\Win500ActivityLog 2008-03-05.txt

Obviously you'll want to choose the directory you want the logs in, and you may or may not want it to generate a new logfile every day.

But you have to Start the monitor/control in order for it to log.

Also - If you are going to do this, you should have the same exact information in your scanner as you have loaded up in Win500 at the time. For instance, if you carried your scanner around all day and found 20 new talkgroups and stored them while you were out, and then you came back home and hooked it up to the computer and just fired up Win500 and started monitoring, Win500 wouldn't know the specific new talkgroups that you had added in the scanner unless you remember to sync up your scanner with your latest Win500 file.

Mike

Thanks I will give it a try tonight.

mandlair

Hi,again mtindor you helped me out on the other post.I set up my logging as you have it and still nothing anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

mandlair

Hi,Don log history both,lcd u/d,u/d hit counts active file,lcd poll ms 100,status poll 10,tune mode 25 auto. As far as I can tell thats all of them unless i'm missing something? And log history set to same location as win500.Mike

Last edited:

DonS

mandlair said:
Hi,Don log history both,lcd u/d,u/d hit counts active file,lcd poll ms 100,status poll 10,tune mode 25 auto. As far as I can tell thats all of them unless i'm missing something? A
Is the correct COM port set in Win500? And the USB cable plugged into both the PC and scanner?

Is the "matching" P500 file loaded into Win500?

Is the "Log / audio file directory" item set to an existing directory?

Is the radio in a "Scan" mode?

While you're monitoring, does anything appear in Win500's "Most recent 500 entries" window?

DonS

While scanning, and after you've clicked the "START" button on the Monitor/Control tab, do the LEDs on the cable blink at all? If so, which ones (red, green, or both)?

DonS

Does the LCD area in the Monitor/Control tab show you the radio's current status (along with the other "status" fields)?

And you're absolutely sure that Win500 has, as its current, selected file, the P500 file that was sent to the radio?

mandlair

yes the current file matches and lcd showing all in the monitoring tab.Maybe its just me But I have been trying for 2 days.And still not that familar with scanner?

DonS

If the LCD area in the Monitor/Control tab is showing the radio's current state, the only things that would keep logging from working are:
1. The radio isn't "Scanning". The logging function only works if you've hit SCAN, FAV, or FUNC WX (skywarn). It does not work in MAN mode.
2. The active P500 file doesn't match what's in the radio
3. The directory selected in the "Log / audio file directory" field doesn't yet exist (Win500 won't create it). EDIT: Or, a log file cannot be created (i.e. running from a CD, or from a directory where you have no "write" permissions)
4. The "Log History" box is set to either "None" or "To Object 'Notes' field".

Last edited:

mandlair

Thanks Don I just downloaded from scanner to win500 to make sure and BINGO.thanks again for another great program.And a side note I sent my info from my pro96 to win500 and back to psr500 and scanning in about 3 minutes.Thanks Mike

DonS

I just downloaded from scanner to win500 to make sure and BINGO
So the problem was that Win500 didn't have an accurate image of the radio's current programming? (That would certainly explain it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.