PSR-500 & Multiselect

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I have been using Trunk88 to monitor the local TRS while I monitor audio from selected TGs on my PSR-500.
I have been monitoring PD District 3 calls. I notice that when district 1 or 2 dispatchers multiselect an all districts call it indicates that it is sent out to District 1, 2, and 3 TG and the car to car talk groups for all 3 districts, yet I do not hear it on either the District 3 Dispatch or car to car TG. If the MultiSelect is initiated by the District 3 Dispatch I will hear it on the District 3 Dispatch TG. In other words, it appears the PSR-500 only hears MultiSelects on the initiating TG. Is there a way around this? If I am monitoring District 3 (for example) I expect/want to hear what radios affiliated to that TG hear.
Ron

kevins669

Database Admin
I have been using Trunk88 to monitor the local TRS while I monitor audio from selected TGs on my PSR-500.
I have been monitoring PD District 3 calls. I notice that when district 1 or 2 dispatchers multiselect an all districts call it indicates that it is sent out to District 1, 2, and 3 TG and the car to car talk groups for all 3 districts, yet I do not hear it on either the District 3 Dispatch or car to car TG. If the MultiSelect is initiated by the District 3 Dispatch I will hear it on the District 3 Dispatch TG. In other words, it appears the PSR-500 only hears MultiSelects on the initiating TG. Is there a way around this? If I am monitoring District 3 (for example) I expect/want to hear what radios affiliated to that TG hear.
Ron

This is something I would like GRE to add, as I noted in the 1.5 firmware thread. Your ability to hear the call depends on the dispatcher; if the dispather wants to broadcast a call on districts 1, 2, and 3, and you are only scanning 3, the only way you will hear the call is if the dispatcher sets up the patch using 3 as the master TG, and sending 1 and 2 over to it. The dispatcher can use any TG as the master group, so that is where the problem lies.

The control channel broadcasts which groups are a member of each patch, and I would like GRE to add an option to hear the transmission (with notification of a patch) if a TG object that I am scanning is included in a patch where the master group is not scanned.

A couple of knowledgeable guys on here suggested the data may not be sent out often enough to be completely reliable, so I am getting the CC data to see exactly how often patch data is sent on a P25 system.

Hopefully GRE will at least add it as an "no guarantee" option, like Radio IDs.

-- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.