psr-500 nothing enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

balou

i programme my pro-96 file and even tried the radioreference download for zone 3 all i get is nothing enabled...what am i doing wrong

DonS

Are any scan lists enabled for scanning? If so, do you have any channels or talkgroups in those scan lists?

scnnr

i programme my pro-96 file and even tried the radioreference download for zone 3 all i get is nothing enabled...what am i doing wrong

Did you make sure that you pressed at least one of the numeric keys to make it scan? Press 1 then hit scan.

SCPD

QRT
I belive he import his 96 file into a psr program to to use on his 500.. Probably needs to assign it to scan list?. post teh P6 file & someone ( me) will convert with psr edit or win500 for uyou

scnnr

I belive he import his 96 file into a psr program to to use on his 500.. Probably needs to assign it to scan list?. post teh P6 file & someone ( me) will convert with psr edit or win500 for uyou

I have Win 500 for programming my PSR 500 . If I import one of my P 96 files from my Pro 96 set up to the Win 500 program it automatically sets the first scan list as active. I am assuming that the PSR EDIT program would do the same.

scnnr

PRO-96 or PSR-500? They are two very different scanners.

Yes they are indeed but the Psr Edit 500 program as well as Win 500 program allows you to import the p96 file as well as p 97 & csv files..setup and converts it either Win 500 or PSR 500 format.

DonS

Yes they are indeed but the Psr Edit 500 program as well as Win 500 program allows you to import the p96 file as well as p 97 & csv files..setup and converts it either Win 500 or PSR 500 format.

That's not quite correct. While it will read from a PRO-96, PSREdit500 will not import .P96 files, as Mike mentioned above.

balou

ok ya its a psr-500 that i was trying to put my 96 file in it with win500
i also tried the zone 4 download from the RR import..i can see that all the tg are in the scanner but i have to press manual to see them ..in scan it says the same thing..nothing enabled

ibagli

When you press manual to see the objects, check the numbers in the upper-left corner of the display. If they start with "ns", they haven't been assigned to a scanlist. If they start with 01 through 20, then the scanlists haven't been turned on.

qlajlu

Silent Key

This happens more often than it should, but is easily corrected.

1. When you turn your scanner on you should get the "Welcome Screen" then you should see the following screen:

Scanning_Screen.jpg

If you are not seeing a number, press the #1 key on the scanner's key pad. That will put the #1 Scan List in active memory (you might have to press "SCAN" again, also).

2. If you still get the "Nothing Enabled" warning, open WIN500 and click on the TSYS tab. See if the TGs you imported did, indeed, get a Scan List Assignment (Illustration shows no Scan List assignment in the Scan List Map). If they do not have a Scan List assignment, just follow the instructions in the image to place them in a Scan List, upload the file to the scanner again. After the "Welcome Screen" the scanner should automatically start scanning. If not, press a number key on the keypad corresponding to the Scan List assignment you made. (This instruction also applies to conventional frequencies.)

Nothing_Enabled.jpg

3. A third option is to import the system(s) again paying particular attention to the Web Import Settings page before clicking on "OK" (see image below). This time be sure to select a "Target Scan List" and give your system a name. (This instruction also applies to conventional frequencies.)

Import_TGs_15.jpg

Be sure to save any/all changes to your .p500 file on your computer.

To try a fresh import from RR using your WIN500 program, you will find an illustrated "Help" file at WIN500 - UtahRadio.

hoser147

Just a thought as I see qlajlu mentioned and did a excellent job on illustrations and posting about the issue. Just turn on the Scanlist as mentioned by pressing the buttons 123...... and so on and see what happens, maybe were looking to deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.