PSR-500 P-25 NAC conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

When the radio is searching it will throw out a three digit number as the NAC in use.

When going into conventional edit mode, how are the found NAC's programmed??? I can't find the push button steps in the manual, unless im getting dizzy and over looking it.- do you program the decimal or hex code into P-25 NAC: ???? I have the SQ mode set to P-25 search. I have specific found digits ie. 010, 020, 024 etc. Basically do you program what is found on search in the P25: field or do you have to convert it. Thanks.

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Curfew said:
When the radio is searching it will throw out a three digit number as the NAC in use.

When going into conventional edit mode, how are the found NAC's programmed???- do you program the decimal or hex code into P-25 NAC: ???? I have the SQ mode set to P-25 search. I have specific found digits as above ie. 010, 020, 024 etc. Thanks.

All the NAC's I read are hex.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Curfew

How are found nac codes as the radio reads them, stored into memory without hitting F3?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Curfew said:
How are found nac codes as the radio reads them, stored into memory without hitting F3?
They aren't. You have to manually store them.

If you're worried about missing NAC's you can use WIN500's activity log to log them.

Curfew

I may have been misunderstood here. I figured it out. I have a screen which states Edit mode- Hex, the the P-25 icon, then some sort of three letters in the lower right.

I finally hit 1 and at the top where it has Edit, 1234567890 appears. Then the 3 digits found during a search (NAC) are entered into the three letter spaces in the lower right of the screen. Then save, and manual.

The found P-25 is displayed in the lower left corner of this screen. Took me a while to figure this out because it is not in the manual as far as i know. Curfew.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Anything other than numeric-only is entered in just the same as alphanumeric. Since hex uses A-F they carried over that method.

Status
Not open for further replies.