PSR-500: Possible to record Wildcard hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApe

Is it possible to record wildcard hits with TGRP info for a trunked system?

In otherwords, can I let my PSR-500 sit around all day scanning on a trunked system and get a download of the wildcard hits it took? Not just the fact that it hit a "wildcard" but the TGRP number so I can find out more about it?

Thanks in advance.

Patch42

Not with the radio alone. PSREdit can do it if you use it to control the radio while scanning. I'm not sure if the other programs can do the same thing.

mikey60

Patch42 said:
Not with the radio alone. PSREdit can do it if you use it to control the radio while scanning. I'm not sure if the other programs can do the same thing.

PSREdit500 will emulate the F3 keypress when controlling the radio, after which hit counts will be done for those items if you have those enabled in the radio.

I don't know about ARC500, but I'm sure WIN500 has some features in this area, although I admit I don't know what those are.

Mike

DonS

mikey60 said:
I'm sure WIN500 has some features in this area, although I admit I don't know what those are.
Win500 has an "auto-store TGRPs from Wildcard hits" function. It works a little differently from what Mike described for PSREdit500. Win500 creates new TGRP objects internally (i.e. within Win500, in the current .P500 file), but doesn't update the radio until the user explicitly uploads the data.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
How about using unitrunker the psr 500 comes with the cable you just need to download unitrunker its free, and it will log everything

Status
Not open for further replies.