PSR 500 Prices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Was surprised to see that the prices for a new PSR 500 are around $ 350 these days.

Has it been this low for a while ?

Is it that everyone buying new is going for the 800, or... ?

Was thinking of selling mine, but hardly seem worth while to do it.

Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Was surprised to see that the prices for a new PSR 500 are around $ 350 these days.

Has it been this low for a while ?

Is it that everyone buying new is going for the 800, or... ?

Was thinking of selling mine, but hardly seem worth while to do it.

Bob

They do seem to be coming down in price.

The Radio Shack equivalent of that scanner, the PRO-106 (made by GRE)

Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki

is quite often on sale for $299, and online coupons for an additional $20 off and free shipping make it a great deal at $279 delivered to your door.

If your budget allows, I would keep the PSR500, it's a fine scanner.

The base model of that scanner, the PRO 197 - the same as the GRE PSR600 - is currently available for that same deal.

The Home Patrol is currently available from Radio Shack (using the on line coupon) for $429 delivered.

SquierStrat

Ya, they've been that low for a little while. I remember a.couple years ago hamradio.com had them at that price for the longest time... Hopefully it means there's something new in the works...

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just remember, The 106 does NOT come with the programming cable so far that I know. I also seem to recall that the wall charger is also not supplid via the 106. 2 additional expenses that may add to about $50, maybe a bit more.

The GRE PSR500 (generally identical to the 106) DOES come with all of those items.

I purchased my 500 at a HAM radio shop for $399 a month ago. I have seen them on-line for about $349 as well.

RS = $299 + $50 (cable/charger) = $345, or $399 LIST + $50 = $445

GRE = $349 - $399

kind of a wash really--- if the RS is $299. GRE a better deal at RS List and GRE deal.

NYRHKY94

Well, last December Ham Radio Outlet (HRO) had the PSR-500 & PSR-600 both on sale for $309!!! I really didn't need another scanner, but that price was just too hard to pass by when factoring in the AC Adapter & programming cable. Gave it to myself as a Christmas present ;-)

rf95xlt

GRE PSR 500 price

I have looked at multiple sites on the internet looking this radio and the cheapest place I have found is Universal Radio in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. They have the best prices on everything and that place is a candy store for those that have scanners and ham radios ! If you ever need anything for your radio they probably have it and a very knowledgeable and courteous staff that can help with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.