PSR-500 Programming Cable on VMware Fusion for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has anyone been able to get Win500 and the PSR-500 Cable working under VMware Fusion on the Mac? I'm running XP under VMware fusion and cannot get the cable and Win500 to work.

Anyone tackled this?

DonS

What "error", if any, do you see?

I do know (based on reports) that Intel-based Mac + VMWare + Windows (XP/2000) work with prior versions of WinXX. There's no reason why Win500 wouldn't also work. About the only potential problem would be getting the cable's drivers installed (since this is a "new" cable that's required for the PSR-500).

DonS

Do the LEDs on the cable's housing blink? Does the scanner indicate that anything is happening?

If "no", then it sounds like the COM port selection in Win500 isn't correct. I don't have a Mac, so I wouldn't know how to remedy the problem. In a pure Windows environment, I'd say to look in Device Manager, to see how Windows assigned the COM port to the cable/driver.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I installed the GRE USB cable drivers from the CD that came with my PSR500, then installed Win500. Win500 defaulted to Com 9, so I had to change it to Com 4. After that it read the radio and wrote it just fine and dandy.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM using Fusion 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.