PSR-500 Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

I am in the market for a new digital scanner since Louisiana is moving to the LATIE system and the only scanner I have that can receive it is my BCD996T. I am considering getting either BCD396T or PSR-500. I would like to get the PSR-500 but I am not sure if the protocol has all the functionality that I need to support the scanner in ID Tracker II.

I have been looking at the protocol description in the owner's manual but the description is not very complete. The protocol also appears to be very limited. Has anyone here tried deciphering the protocol? Specifically, I need to know if at least the system and ID can be determined. I see that the display shows the "Scanlist-Object ID" but I am not completely sure how this relates to systems, etc.

Also, if anyone in the Baton Rouge area has the PSR-500/600, I would like opportunity to examine it.

DonS

The PSR-500's PC/IF protocol is "good enough" for UniTrunker's functionality. Also, my Win500 app can record individual talkgroup transmissions, tagging "wildcard hits" with TGID, etc., so there seems to be enough info in the protocol for that kind of feature.

brscanning

DonS said:
The PSR-500's PC/IF protocol is "good enough" for UniTrunker's functionality. Also, my Win500 app can record individual talkgroup transmissions, tagging "wildcard hits" with TGID, etc., so there seems to be enough info in the protocol for that kind of feature.

Don,

Thanks for the response. I have been doing some research and if I do get the PSR-500 I will probably be using your Win500 to program the scanner. I have seen quite a few favorable comments on your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.