PSR-500 / PSR-600 - Odd delay times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny I never noticed before but I don't believe the entered delay time exactly corresponds to the actual delay time for these scanners. It seems for most objects, especially conventional objects a setting of "20" gives about ONE second of delay, not TWO as it should. A setting of "30" gives around two seconds. A little more playing around showed that about ten points (or one second) of delay setting can be subtracted to give ACTUAL delay time.

No I am understanding here that each "point" is a tenth of a second supposedly, so "10" would be one second, and so forth.

So in other words it appears you need to add a second or "10 points" to the setting to get the delay you want.

Anyone else observed anything similar or am I missing something obvious?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Delays are in 1/1000 seconds - so you should be entering 2000 for two seconds.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
In PSREdit it's straight up seconds (i.e. "2.0") while in Win500 it is in 1/1000ths (2000) Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

Well I just set things up at 30 and it is just over two seconds on conventional objects, 25 gives a little less than two seconds, so no harm done. I am glad they allowed adustable delay though. Kudos to GRE for allowing so much tweaking on the settings in these radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.