PSR 500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Premium Subscriber
I have a quick question, There is something that keeps confusing me, I have a P25 system near me I am monitoring and when someone keys up it will sometimes say different things, I know when it says FM on conventional what that means but sometimes when someone keys up on the system it will say one of three things or a combination of all three.. What do these mean "DG" "VC" or "ID" Usually it will show "ID" which I KNOW what is but sometimes it'll show DG and flash between DG and VC, What do all of these mean? I didn't find it on the manual...Does anyone know?

btritch

Premium Subscriber
Ok, So if it comes up as VC which is Analog Voice Call, That Can Be Heard Over An Analog Scanner Where a DG which is a Digital Voice Call Cannot...Right?

DonS

wayne_h said:
VC: voice call (analog)
DG: digital voice call
ID: a radio to radio call (aka Private Call or "I-Call")
ID: the talkgroup ID programmed into a "group call" TGRP object
PC: a radio ID programmed into a "private call" TGRP object

btritch

Premium Subscriber
Ok..

Ok, Wayne had cleared it up last night but that really cleared up the confusion...That means the VC's can be heard on an analog radio along with a digital one then, Great! But most of the time VC doesn't pop up, It's usually DC...

BTW, I have set the "BEEPS" that you can set before each digital/analog transmission to alert you who it is along with the LED Alert, I can get the LED alert to work but I have set the Audio alert SEVERAL times but I can't get it to work..Does anyone have any ideas why the audio alert will not work? Is it because of the way the P25 system is designed or set up or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.