PSR-500 scan list scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

I arranged one scan list with conventionals and NAC codes- scan list 4.

Scan list 5 is a grouping of limit searches.

Scan list 6 is trunked objects.

In global the default scan list is set to 6.

In global scan list 4, 5, and 6 are selected.

While scanning lists 4,5,6 the radio is making me think it's not hitting everything.

I toggle scan list 5 and 6 off to scan only scan list 4. When i hit manual, you would think i would only see the conventional NAC's i stored in scan list 4, but i see stuff from scan list 6.

***I notice if i hit the back or forward arrow it will bring me back to the objects in scan list 4. I then hit scan, then manual, and the objects in scan list 4 stay there.

Now if i toggle 5 back on, or 6, as im still scanning objects in 4, am i still hitting it all?

Another thing i notice while in scan list 4, i can turn the squelch all the way down, hit scan with 5 on with the limit searches, and i will only see channel as it's moving at the bottom of the display. Once i turn the squelch up to a certain point, then the display alternates between "channel" and "limit search". I take it with squelch turned all the way down it is only scanning scan list 4 and not moving through 5.

What is bothersome is if i toggle 5 and 6 off with 4 on, i want to see what is in 4 right away. Or if i only want to see what is in 5- and shut 6 and 4 off. Anyone know what im talking about here?

Thanks.

KB1KBD

Press PSE (pause) instead of manual. Manual will display what was active the last time you used manual not what is currently being scanned. PSE only works while scan is holding on an active channel. The only way I know of to stop the scan on the active scan list is to crank the squelch CCW then hit PSE and return the squelch to where is was.

Curfew

Thanks. All i can say is this radio has it's own brain! Imagine the thing further, more reception of systems we cant hear yet, user voice activation/command hands free....

I guess we can count the stuff we have as better anyway, im pleased with what the radio will do all in one spot.

C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.