psr 500 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I've had my GRE PSR 500 for about eight years now and I use ARC500PRO software for my device. Its well worth the price as I use their same software with my other scanners.

manspcr

Premium Subscriber
I use PSRedit 500, A 1 time cost of 35.00. I use RR and it lets me choose what I want to download. There's probably not much difference between that & ARC 500, but I like what I have.

budevans

WIN500 gets my vote. Easy to use, very intuitive layout.

PSRedit500 is a close 2nd.

If I was just starting out, I would download both WIN500 & PSRedit 500. They both have a 30 day evaluation period. Then buy the key for the package you like the best.

FYI: I have an eight year old copy of the other software package. I keep it's CD handy as a reminder of what not to buy.

Just my opinion.

DJ11DLN

Another vote for Win500, written by the fellow who wrote the firmware for this series of scanners. But any of the three mentioned here will do the job, and it will come down to personal preference. Take advantage of the free trials and decide which one you like best, there is no wrong answer here.

samcken

Premium Subscriber
Chalk up another vote for Win500. Does what I need and then some. Haven't used the others (using Arc433) but I've had no need to try them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
win 500 free ?
No.

There are no free software programs for the PSR500 and it's later Whistler manufactured scanners. Win500, PSREdit 500, and ARC500 all have thirty day free trial periods, but once that expires, you either have to purchase a license for the program, or discontinue use.

Status
Not open for further replies.