PSR 500 USB Programing Pro-106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Here goes. From what I am understand based on what I've read, you cannot program a Pro 106 with a GRE PSR 500-specific USB cord, right? That is, I have a PSR 500 with a GRE USB cord and driver loaded. This won't allow me to program a Pro-106 from this connection, right?

Since the firmware is different, this won't work. But, I have heard these two will clone.

K9WG

You might be confusing the programming cable/software with the firmware updates. The PSR-500 and PRO-106 are electrically the same radio however the PRO firmware is different from the GRE. You can not be load/updated with the PRO-106 with GRE firmware.

poppafred

I own both cables, the GRE cable that comes with the PSR 500 and the Radio Shack cable. I use them interchangeably on both my GRE PSR 500 and my Pro-197. The only real difference is the length.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Ok, well, I will shoot my pre-loaded Win500 into the Pro-106. Thanks. I knew the two radios had the same electronic chassis, but I thought GRE only talked to GRE radios via USB. I appreciate this being cleared up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.