Psr 500 Wildcard Help - Please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevin312

Premium Subscriber
So here's my question, I'm using 10 banks on my scanner. I want to leave banks 2, 3, & 4 open to pick up new talk groups. I thought I was doing it correctly as the scanner was picking them up however; the scanner is only letting me store them in bank 1 where they do not belong. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I am utilizing WIN500. I'm starting to think I should have kept the PRO96.

If it's easier you can email me directly @ mlevin312@yahoo.com

Swipesy

First off, there are no banks on the PSR 500. You mean Lists. Look at the General Settings tab on WIN500 and just above the Scan Lists you will see a Default Scan List which will have a 1 in it. That is why your Wildcards are going to List 1. Also, when you set up your Wildcards in your Tsys Objects, what Scan List did you tell the Wildcard Hits to go to?

mikey60

mlevin312 said:
So here's my question, I'm using 10 banks on my scanner. I want to leave banks 2, 3, & 4 open to pick up new talk groups. I thought I was doing it correctly as the scanner was picking them up however; the scanner is only letting me store them in bank 1 where they do not belong. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I am utilizing WIN500. I'm starting to think I should have kept the PRO96.

If it's easier you can email me directly @ mlevin312@yahoo.com

Talkgroups added via a wildcard will inherit the configuration of the wildcard object. If the wildcard is in scanlist 1, new talkgroups will be added to scanlist 1, with the same settings (i.e. delay, LED/LCD settings, etc) as the wildcard.

Move the wildcard to one of those other scanlists and you'll get the effect you're looking for.

Mike

mlevin312

Premium Subscriber
is this the correct way to do this?

Here's an example, scan list 2 is Philly and 4 is NJSP. I want to leave these open so using WIN500 I put a wildcard in each of these lists then what do i do to get the new tgrps to their correct lists?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Swipesy said:
First off, there are no banks on the PSR 500. You mean Lists. Look at the General Settings tab on WIN500 and just above the Scan Lists you will see a Default Scan List which will have a 1 in it. That is why your Wildcards are going to List 1. Also, when you set up your Wildcards in your Tsys Objects, what Scan List did you tell the Wildcard Hits to go to?

So of the wildcard is in more than one scanlist, the wildcard hits will also be in the same multiple scanlists?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

DonS

n4jri said:
So of the wildcard is in more than one scanlist, the wildcard hits will also be in the same multiple scanlists? (N4JRI)
If the wildcard belongs to multiple scan lists, you'll get wildcard hits whenever at least one of those scan lists are enabled. If you then "Stor" the hit to a new TGRP object, the new object will belong to all of the scan lists that the wildcard TGRP does.

Status
Not open for further replies.