PSR 500 with dead display!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I just turned on my PSR 500 and the display is DEAD! :mad:

I can hear it just fine - display will not show anything - LED works.

Serial# 00135x - bought in November.

I listened to it all day and on the way home from work.......worked fine.

Prolly same issue that plauged the Pro 2055. I reckon I'll box it up and contact GRE in the morning.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Using Win500, ARC500, or PSREdit, you may want to check the contrast settings and make sure they are set to the default by downloading the settings from your radio, to verify that it is the LCD display before you send it off to GRE.

Also see page 100 of the owner manual, under contrast.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Using Win500, ARC500, or PSREdit, you may want to check the contrast settings and make sure they are set to the default by downloading the settings from your radio, to verify that it is the LCD display before you send it off to GRE.

Also see page 100 of the owner manual, under contrast.

Been there......done that.

GRE LCD curse strikes again. :twisted:

Hell my 2055 is still working! :p

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
GRE seems to be on the ball with customer support

I went to the support site and started a ticket the same night it died. Cust Supt. e-mailed me the next day requesting info. E-mailed again and said he was passing it on to Corporate in CA to issue RMA# for exchange. Corporate just e-mailed RMA# & shipping instructions - RMA form was marked both Warranty Repair & Exchange, instructed me to ship just unit - no power supply or accessories. Gunna ship it from work tomorrow.

I'm hoping for a brand new unit (exchange) - aint counting on new power supply or PC cable - but that sure would be nice. :cool:

ibagli

Definitely don't count on a new power supply or cable. I didn't get anything extra when I had to replace mine (not for this reason, though).

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Oh Well.....

Oh well......

How was the turnaround time? How did they ship to you?

Any hassles from GRE?

Did you ship it back in your original box?

Was the replacement a refurbished unit or brand new?

ibagli

It was about 10 days from the day I sent it (via USPS) to the day of the first delivery attempt (FedEx; I wasn't home so they left a slip and I had them just leave it at the door). No hassles at all from GRE. I sent it in the original box and egg carton-like thing it came in. No idea if it's brand new or refurbished. It looked brand new, though.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Self-repaired ?

I got my scanner back last Saturday and I've had no problems.
They shipped it back via FedEx .

GRE said that my 500 "self-repaired" enroute to their service facility and they couldn't replicate my problem.

The folks at GRE Support were very helpful and pretty quick to respond......Jack & Raj were very helpful....Thanks guys!! :)

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I got my scanner back last Saturday and I've had no problems.
They shipped it back via FedEx .

GRE said that my 500 "self-repaired" enroute to their service facility and they couldn't replicate my problem.

The folks at GRE Support were very helpful and pretty quick to respond......Jack & Raj were very helpful....Thanks guys!! :)

Some of the early lessons in technician repair school.
1. Cycle power
2. Master reset
3. Smack it in 3 different axis
4. Smack it with escalating force (don't break it again!)
Not necessarily in this order.
:)

Seriously, you went to a lot of trouble and some expense and I hope it self-repaired for good. When I get something like that where I can't duplicate the problem I always wonder if I missed something obvious.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Reversed Display

My Display On A 600 Has Gone Reversed 3 Times Since Ive Had It....Turn Off And On Fixed It Im Going To Take A Picture Of It Next Time LoL

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I own 1 500 and 2 600's. I have to say that I am impressed with the customer service that you guys have been getting. It just goes to show you that NO PRODUCT is perfect, but yet there willing to step up to the plate and help do something about it.

Kudos again to GRE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.