PSR-500 work like a Pro 96 closed system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojack

I have a Pro 96 working ok on a P25 system here in Indianapolis, IN and from what I have been reading the PSR-500 may do a little better job of handling this kind of system.
I have the Pro 96 banks setup to be a "closed" system, I only hear what talk groups or agencies I want to hear from a selected bank depending on what side of town I'm located. Can I setup the PSR-500 to be as selective from a scan list as the banks on the Pro 96? Then change on the fly to another area. On the Pro 96 it is as simple by pushing one of the ten banks offered to engage or disengage the area I want.
Thanks
-Bill

mikey60

I have a Pro 96 working ok on a P25 system here in Indianapolis, IN and from what I have been reading the PSR-500 may do a little better job of handling this kind of system.
I have the Pro 96 banks setup to be a "closed" system, I only hear what talk groups or agencies I want to hear from a selected bank depending on what side of town I'm located. Can I setup the PSR-500 to be as selective from a scan list as the banks on the Pro 96? Then change on the fly to another area. On the Pro 96 it is as simple by pushing one of the ten banks offered to engage or disengage the area I want.
Thanks
-Bill

Yes, if you do not put a wildcard object in the system, then the scanner will act similar to the Pro-96 operating in closed mode.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.