Psr-500c help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stachieo

Im looking into getting the PSR-500C scanner. I found this guy that lives in my area that sells them, an theres an option on having it pre-programed. now heres my question..
Does that mean that ill be programed to the stations that i want ie fire/police or is it totally something different that im missing all together?
I have no knowledge about scanners. I just got hooked while listening to it though the live links, and the person that was feeding in my area moved away so now im looking to get something started. So any help would be great.
thanks.

N8IAA

Im looking into getting the PSR-500C scanner. I found this guy that lives in my area that sells them, an theres an option on having it pre-programed. now heres my question..
Does that mean that ill be programed to the stations that i want ie fire/police or is it totally something different that im missing all together?
I have no knowledge about scanners. I just got hooked while listening to it though the live links, and the person that was feeding in my area moved away so now im looking to get something started. So any help would be great.
thanks.
The radio comes pre-programmed from the factory with a lot of different trunked systems. I don't know if the Canadian version has systems from the different provinces in the pre-programming. I am sure that someone here will chime in on that. If the person that is selling them is doing the programming, that is a different thing altogether. They should put in what frequencies you wish to monitor into the scanner. That is all I can add from down in the sunny South in Georgia:)
Larry

You don't say where in the Great White North you live. That might give a clue to those who wish to help:)

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Hi stachieo,hopefully the guy is a Premium Subscriber here at RadioReference and has Win500 or ARC 500 software.
If he's from your area, you will probably want to listen to the same things in your radio as he has in his own. Wouldn't hurt to ask and perhaps he would gladly help you out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.