PSR 510-610 release dates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb0wao

If you are talking about the 310/410 I think they said September in another post. I haven't heard anything about a 510/610 series.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-300 & PSR-400 are organized in banks. The PSR-500 & PSR-600 use object-oriented programming. It makes sense to create a non-dgital scanner that is also object-oriented programmed - so along comes the PSR-310 & PSR-410. It does not make sense to have a bank oriented digital scanner; so I can't imagine what a PSR-510 would be.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No such product has been announced, only a hint of a possibility of a new replacement for each model. We don't even know if it will even be called a 510 or 610, just a guess so far.

Swipesy

The only information GRE would release at the Dayton Hamvention was that a replacement for the 500/600 is in the works and that it would have more memory. Beyond that, for competitive reason which I can appreciate, no further information would be released about what is in the works for new digital scanners.

KE4RWS

The PSR-410 is a slick looking scanner. I wish my PSR-600 had the face the 410 has. That really looks nice :)

I've had my 600 for nearly a year and a half now and LOVE this thing. Hard to imagine what additions they'll make to this great scanner. Although there are always improvements to existing features, it's interesting to see what GRE does in the next model that replaces the 600.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I would love to see a PSR-510 and 610, with the new LCD display, black case, and the microSD, recording, IF, PC/IF to microSD dump, Radioreference database, encryprion mute, and beefed up belt clip (for the 510).

I'm confident the GRE development team can do it.

This is one of the reasons I was hoping there would be some news at the Ham radio shows and CES this year.

N8IAA

I would love to see a PSR-510 and 610, with the new LCD display, black case, and the microSD, recording, IF, PC/IF to microSD dump, Radioreference database, encryprion mute, and beefed up belt clip (for the 510).

I'm confident the GRE development team can do it.

This is one of the reasons I was hoping there would be some news at the Ham radio shows and CES this year.

Dave, they already did release the scanner you're asking for.....It's the PSR-800:D
Larry

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Dave, they already did release the scanner you're asking for.....It's the PSR-800:D
Larry

I hear ya, Larry :lol:

Why do an analog PSR-310 and 410, if you won't update your digital?
Besides the 800 is missing a few things the 500 has, and the 500/600 need the new 800 features. ;)

Last edited:

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
I agree with DaveIN-- we need an updated version of the 500/600. Yes, the 800 has made a lot of improvements, and made it easier for newcomers to the hobby. However, I just like the way the 500/600 works (hardware wise) and prefer that type of scanner. Maybe I'm just letting the new style keypad get in the way of trying something new, but I don't think that would work for me for the way I use my scanners. I need to be able to open/close scan lists with as few key presses as possible, sometimes while not even looking at the scanner. Maybe if I heard more reviews on youtube or actually got to see one in person I might change my mind. Until then, I'll keep hoping for an updated 500/600.

walt991

I agree as well. Need an updated PSR-500 with better audio, better P25 decoding. I constantly turn groups on/off using the keypad on the PSR-500. How do you toggle groups quickly on the PSR-800?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I agree as well. Need an updated PSR-500 with better audio, better P25 decoding. I constantly turn groups on/off using the keypad on the PSR-500. How do you toggle groups quickly on the PSR-800?

If your scanning, menu, menu, arrow down two times, select, select scanlist, arrow down, repeat for all wanted or unwanted, press menu, press play.

At least power off/on retains scan configuration unless you make a change using the software.

DonS

And, if you have several "scan list configurations" that you use on the PSR-500, the PSR-800's "Scan Sets" feature might be even faster.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
To use the scan set, I would still need to press menu, arrow down three times, select, press menu, select scan set, (select members if I need to), arrow left, scan. If I have this already set I can return to it every time I suppose, but to change scan sets I still have to repeat the above, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.