PSR-600 Acting Very Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This morning my PSR-600 started acting very weird. While running Pro-96 Com, my scanner started beeping just like when I have it set to manual, decide to press one of the up/down arrows, and go through one of the scan lists manually. No matter what I do, the scanner starts up the same way every time, with the message " DSP Loader" loader on the first line, then "DSP Boot . . . F1.1" on the second line. This is not the regular display I am used to when first turning the scanner on. There is a deep beep tone, then off it goes scrolling very fast through all of the objects I have in that one scan list, beeping very fast as it goes through each object.

I have tried starting the scanner up by pressing 0,1, and 0,5, but I keep receiving the same results. Anyone have the same experience that I am having right now? Any recommendations?

73's

Ron

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Sounds like the "Scan" button is stuck.

I just tried holding down the scan button while turning mine on and it acts the exact same way.

Thunderbolt

Sounds like the "Scan" button is stuck.

I just tried holding down the scan button while turning mine on and it acts the exact same way.

I pressed the scan button several times, and then turned it back on. Sadly, it didn't fix the problem.

73's

Ron

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
The "boop" is indicative of a button being pressed when you turn it on.

If you have another GRE/RS of the same lineage try holding the scan button down while turning it on, you'll see it acts the same as you described.

sopranosno1

I had this problem several times. try messing with the 4-way keyboard on front of scanner. one of them is probally stuck. or it is a bad modular in the scanner.

Thunderbolt

I finally fixed the problem. I decided to upload a new scanlist to the radio, then cut the power off corrupting the upload. I then decided to reset the CPU by pressing the "0,1" and the problem stopped. So I reloaded the latest firmware again, and it she is working just fine.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.