PSR-600 and Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I run my PSR-500 on a Onmi-Link, Multiple Site, Simo system without issue.

I am able to move around in a given site with no problems, and can roam to other sites and quickly acquire the new CC. The site I listen to most (Site 3) has 5 transmitters with overlapping coverage. In my same footprint, I can also receive at least 3 other sites which are also simo.

I do have a few areas that I get some odd interference in some areas, but I get that with other scanners in those areas as well.

JT-112

Plenty of issues here on the Illinois Starcom 21 simulcast sites and my PSR-500.

Better than any other scanner, but not good, not really even acceptable.

kevins669

Database Admin
I think it is about the best anyone can hope for. Since the 500/600 is providing the "latest" in simulcast decoding, I have to take what I can get. I think the performance, though, is marginal at best.

It always seems to cut out at the worst possible time for me...when something important is being said. :(

I am used to it now, though.

-- Kevin

HIP

Thanks

I currently am using the other mfg and al the posts pretty much sum up how I feel about it too.The question I have to answer now is do I give it a try or not. Thanks to all the replies.

phantom1131

the only way to get good reception on a simulcast is with a good directional antenna and good cable..i have been through this with my system and it is the only way to make it work..i have a psr 500 that works great hooked to the directional on the roof but is not worth a dam portable with a RS 800 duckie..also have PRO 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.