PSR-600 ARID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
This is going to be a stupid question (Don't worry, Im a Marine and I know stupid:twisted:)

Im a newbie to this scanner and working my way through it since I have never worked with Obj Oriented units before.

• I have my radio set to decode Radio IDs (I Think/hope). Sometimes it will come up with ARID which I am assuming is Radio ID but what does ARID mean?
  • Sometimes I will not get the ARID but another number with no prefix in front of it. (i.e. 00701) above the "F2" button. Can anyone advise of how this works?
Thanks!

Astrak

ARID stands for automatic radio ID in Win500 software, the other numbers you are seeing is the trunking channel number.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Is this in the manual?

Now it also displays on the screen as well. This is not covered in the PSR600 manual correct?

ARID stands for automatic radio ID in Win500 software, the other numbers you are seeing is the trunking channel number.

Astrak

It's in the extended setting's it's covered in the manual, when you press Pgm+Func+F3 the radio ID option is at the very bottom and the other thing you're seeing on there is called trunking channel #.

Status
Not open for further replies.