PSR 600 ...M36 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

I decided to check out some 800 mhz. trs within my ground wave coverage using my PSR600 in the tune mode and manually entering the control channel. I also have Pro96com running to possible id a new trs. One trs I presently have enough signal strength for my really deaf (poor sensitivity) PSR600 compared to my 996XT displays an alternating "M36" and "FM". I assume this is iding the control channel as a Motorola 36000 baud transmission trs. Is that correct? Pro96com does not like it I guess because it is a Motorola version of P25 and not a "pure" APCO P25 signal.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I decided to check out some 800 mhz. trs within my ground wave coverage using my PSR600 in the tune mode and manually entering the control channel. I also have Pro96com running to possible id a new trs. One trs I presently have enough signal strength for my really deaf (poor sensitivity) PSR600 compared to my 996XT displays an alternating "M36" and "FM". I assume this is iding the control channel as a Motorola 36000 baud transmission trs. Is that correct? Pro96com does not like it I guess because it is a Motorola version of P25 and not a "pure" APCO P25 signal.

When the PSR-600 displays "M36", it is indeed indicating that the channel you are monitoring is a Type-II 3600 baud control channel, regardless of it being Motorola or not.

As for Pro96Com, that application will ONLY decode 9600 baud control channel systems, be it a Motorola, M/A-COM, Harris, etc.

To decode the 3600 baud control channels, try setting up unitrunker or a similar application designed for those type-II systems.

Good luck and happy monitoring!

W4UVV

ok..tnx. I never had seen that display before. I have enough problems getting Pro96com to recognize my latest versions of the talkgroups and radio id files. Years ago I used Trunktracker and tried to use Unitracker but didn't have much luck. Tnx. again.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.