Psr 600 multi site set to off or Stat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordman2006

I've got my scanner set up and running great but I monitor 3 sites within the same Tmr system, I'm wondering if the multi site option when I set up the system should be on Stat or off? There's 2 towns within the 3 sites so if it's off will it just monitor the same set of control frequency or will it switch to the 2 others if something is on those towers? Last night I set it to Stat and when someone talks it shows me the cc frequency and voice frequency and it does monitor the 3 towers so iI think that's where it should be, the few days before that it was set to off and it was always the same cc and voice frequencies from the same tower all the time. Just wondering what ur thoughts are on this, in case it helps I'm monitoring the Nova Scotia 800mhz Tmr system! Thanks for ur help.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Multi Site

The below came from here:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Understanding Multi-Site Trunking
Some Motorola and EDACS systems covering a very large geographic area use multiple antenna sites that each operate on different frequencies and use the same talkgroup IDs for traffic. You can program up to 32 frequencies for each trunking system (all you need are the control channel frequencies) but if you have more than 32 frequencies for a system (such as large multi-site system), you will have to split it into separate sites (or groups of sites) and duplicate the IDs for each site (or group of sites). Each talkgroup object can be assigned to one or more scan lists but only assigned to one trunking system or site.

I've got my scanner set up and running great but I monitor 3 sites within the same Tmr system, I'm wondering if the multi site option when I set up the system should be on Stat or off? There's 2 towns within the 3 sites so if it's off will it just monitor the same set of control frequency or will it switch to the 2 others if something is on those towers? Last night I set it to Stat and when someone talks it shows me the cc frequency and voice frequency and it does monitor the 3 towers so iI think that's where it should be, the few days before that it was set to off and it was always the same cc and voice frequencies from the same tower all the time. Just wondering what ur thoughts are on this, in case it helps I'm monitoring the Nova Scotia 800mhz Tmr system! Thanks for ur help.

KE5TLF

IF you store the CCs for multiple sites in a single TSYS object, AND want to hear traffic from all the sites then STAT is the ONLY option. Otherwise it's just going to lock onto whichever CC has the best RSSI and ignore the others.

fordman2006

Ok thanks that's the way it seemed to work. Also I tried it with check all cc on but that takes 4 times as long for the scanner to do a pass thru all the objects. So I left that one off .

Last edited:

JoeyC

Multi-site mode is wonderful if you want to sample all sites and get a mixture of traffic on all sites while in scan mode. However if you need or want to switch to specific talkgroups that aren't simulcast across multiple sites in a hurry or when sites are busy, then programming a separate TSYS for each site and running multi-site off is the way to go.

kscott

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that in STAT a different CC will be selected on each scan pass.

KE5TLF

Yeah the ideal method, which also provides the most user control, is to make separate TSYS objects for each site. Then you can assign each to it's on quick key and turn them on and of at will.

The main drawback to that method is having to maintain multiple copies of the same talkgroups though. Plus if there is a large amount of talkgroups on the system it can use up a lot, or all, of the available in memory pretty fast.

Of course you can also setup different V-Scanner folders for different situations too.

Last edited:

fordman2006

Thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna keep trying different ways until I get it the way it works the best.

fordman2006

I only need to monitor maybe 8 talkgroups id's around where I live so if I set them up with the system that contains only the cc and acc of 1 of the towers and again with the second tower and again with the third tower it should scan each tower with the 8 or so talkgroups on every pass because in each system I will only put the 2 frequencies corresponding to that tower! And I'll leave the scanner programmed like it is now with all the talkgroups and all the frequencies in the system with only that one set to Stat so it will scan them again when it passes them in the rest of the scanner database.

Status
Not open for further replies.