PSR-600 program software

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Is there any free programming software for this scanner or is it all try and buy? Freescan is great for uniden, just hope there is something like it for this. Thanks for your time.

N8IAA

Is there any free programming software for this scanner or is it all try and buy? Freescan is great for uniden, just hope there is something like it for this. Thanks for your time.

Let me be the first to tell you: All try and buy.
Larry

satosi

I have been working on and off on software for the GRE PSR-500/PSR-600 and RS PRO-197/97. If I ever get a working version I will release it as freeware, or if GRE allows it, open source.

satosi

I have been working on and off on software for the GRE PSR-500/PSR-600 and RS PRO-197/97. If I ever get a working version I will release it as freeware, or if GRE allows it, open source.

Let me fix that. It will be for the PRO-197 and PRO-106, not the PRO-97. Also, is there a way to edit posts? I couldn't find any button.

Ghawkman56

Arc500

All,
I am a newbie to the hobby and the PSR600 is my first radio. Quite frankly, I purchased ARC500 and quickly became frustrated with both the software and the instructions included with the software. I ended up manually programming the radio. I must admit, it was frustrating at times, however, with the help of this forum I have successfully programmed CONV, TGRP, and SRCH objects. Actually, although the process was laborious, I feel I have learned more about my radio than if I had used programming software.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The BEST programming software (and free) in the world is at, on the end of your fingertips!!
It IS your fingertips. :wink:

n9zas

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I love doing all my programming by hand. That's why I'm so hesitant to pick up the 800. As great as it looks I like to be the one to do everything, not just hook it to a computer & enter everything that way. Half the fun of scanning for me is the entering & tweaking everything.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I use PSREdit, but the other two main software packages seem decent.

Programming by hand was fine, when you "only" had a couple hundred items to scan. I have over 1000 items entered into various MPSCS scan lists, plus other systems, and conventional freqs.

satosi

I e-mailed them about that part of the manual and they did call me. However it was some guy with a thick accent who thought I wanted to buy a motherboard (?) for the PSR-500 and he didn't seem to understand me so I gave up on that. I have managed to figure out some "undocumented" commands through trial and error and reading what some others have found out, if I find out the memory format for the scanner I will be on my way to be able to program. Right now my program is only a scanner control program but at least it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.