PSR 600 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBud

Trying to program a PSR 600 under Win 10 laptop.

Have 2 RS programming cables, the newer ones with soliid black 'bump' in the cable (one is 20-546, other is newer with bump directly off USB connector). Used to have one with the semi-clear yellow bump with visible LEDS. Using registered Win500, but CAN NOT get the computer to see the radio, with the mono or stereo cables, using Win 7 compatibilty mode, Run as admin, AND anything else I can think of.

Any suggestions, please??

bumby

Premium Subscriber
I recommend using the 20-546 cable, as I have successfully programmed the PSR 600 with windows 10 and that cable. You will need Windows 10 drivers for the chip set in the cable. Download the drivers from this site.. D2XX Direct Drivers select "setup executable" from the far right column on the page. This will setup the proper drivers. See if this works for you...you may have to try different com ports when trying to connect to the scanner. Use the stereo plug, not the mono adapter. Also with the Win 10 drivers you will not need to run in Win 7 compatibility mode. Try this and let me know if you can get it to work....there may be chip set issues and I have other options but try this first.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't use the pigtail on the USB cable. A few very old scanners need it, but new ones don't

Mike

SDBud

Well, I am at my wits end, NOTHING is working. The cable WAS good last time I used it, and has been stiting on a shef in it's original packaging since. No problem with Uniden scanners, using USB to serial adapter. Plenty of other USB things all work fine.

LOOKS like this cable is installing drivers as Com 10, and the program (win 500) has no place to change the port number, at least that I can find.

SDBud

OK, FIXED IT!!!

Istead of running win500.exe, I ran win500_com.exe, and THAT has the port settings tab, so changed it to port 10, and it IS working fine!

Thanks for the help, it shouldn't BE this hard.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
Happy to hear you got it working, little issues like this can be nerve wracking and crazy making...LOL...and yes software does make the difference. Glad it got resolved....

Status
Not open for further replies.